|1||O. R. Tambo International Airport||21,180,060|
|2||Cairo International Airport||11,081,892|
|3||Cape Town International Airport||10,693,063|
|4||Mohammed V International Airport||9,357,427|
|5||Addis Ababa Bole International Airport||8,900,000|
What is the largest airport in Africa?
Top 10 busiest airports in Africa in 2018
|1||OR Tambo International Airport||21,200,000|
|2||Cairo International Airport||17,500,000|
|3||Addis Ababa Bole International Airport||12,100,000|
|4||Tenerife South Airport||11,042,000|
What are the main airports in Africa?
Top 10 largest airports in Africa
- Oliver Tambo International Airport. Founded in 1952, O.R. Tambo International Airport is Africa’s biggest and busiest airport, facilitating over 21 million passengers a year. …
- Cairo International Airport. …
- Mohammed V International Airport. …
- Murtala Mohammed International Airport. …
- Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Which country in Africa has the best airport?
Singapore Changi Airport was named as the World’s Best Airport by air travellers for the fifth consecutive year, while South Africa’s major airports performed well on a global level.
Top 10 best airports in Africa.
|1||Cape Town||South Africa|
|2||Durban King Shaka||South Africa|
What is the first airport in Africa?
Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport is the oldest in Nigeria and the first aircraft landed in Nigeria was landed in Kano in 1922, with operations starting in 1936. In the first decades of operation, it became an important fuel stop for airlines flying long-haul services between Europe and Africa.
What is the safest airline in Africa?
The Best Airlines in Africa 2019
- Ethiopian Airlines.
- South African Airways.
- Air Mauritius.
- Air Seychelles.
- Kenya Airways.
- Royal Air Maroc.
What is the best airline to fly to Africa?
Top-ranked African airlines
- #1 – African Airline: Ethiopian Airlines. 2019 Africa Rank: #1 | 2019 World Rank: #44. …
- #2 African Airline: South African Airways. …
- #3 African Airline – Air Mauritius. …
- #4 African Ariline: Air Seychelles. …
- #5 African Airline: Kenya Airways. …
- #6 African Airline: Royal Air Maroc.
What is the most beautiful airport in Africa?
- Sharm El-Sheikh International Airport, Egypt. This airport tops the list as the most aesthetically pleasant. …
- Cape Town International Airport, South Africa. …
- Marrakech Menara Airport, Morocco. …
- Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport, Mauritius. …
- Enfidha-Hammamet International Airport, Tunisia.
Does Africa have airports?
How many large and medium airports are there in Africa? Africa has a total of 477 airports with scheduled flight connections. In Africa there are 46 large airports and 431 medium airports.
What is the biggest airport in the world?
#1 Beijing Daxing International Airport (PKX) – Beijing, China. Beijing Daxing International Airport is the biggest airport in the world and the latest addition to the list of supersized airports, and they’re topping that list.
Which is most beautiful airport in the world?
5 Most Beautiful (And Luxurious) Airports in the World
- Singapore Changi Airport. No list of beautiful airports is complete without mentioning the Singapore Changi Airport. …
- Dubai International Airport. …
- Incheon International Airport, South Korea. …
- Lyon-Saint-Exupery Airport. …
- Adolfo Suárez Madrid–Barajas Airport.
What is the oldest airport?
College Park Airport (KCGS), in the city of College Park, Maryland, US, is the world’s oldest airport in operation, established in 1909 when Wilbur Wright arrived at the field to train two military officers in the US Army.
Who is the oldest airline in the world?
The 10 Oldest Airlines In The World
- KLM is the world’s oldest airline and celebrated its 100th anniversary in 2019. …
- KLM’s first aircraft entered service in 1920. …
- KLM’s first jet was the DC-8. …
- KLM and Air France merged in 2005. …
- A Junkers floatplane in use with SCADTA.
Which airport has the longest runway in Nigeria?
Muritala Muhammed International Airport at Lagos has the longest airport runway in Nigeria while Upington Airport in South Africa has the longest runway in the whole of Africa.