If you are planning a marriage in Kenya, the Registrar of Marriages in Nairobi is the best starting point for information and current requirements. Non-Kenyans are able to marry Kenyan citizens and to live in the country on a spousal work permit, called a dependent pass.
What do I need to get married to a foreigner in Kenya?
Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage
- Certificates of No Impediment are issued to KENYAN CITIZENS wishing to have their marriages, either to Kenyan citizens or foreigners (Non-Kenyans) performed abroad. …
- Every Kenyan wishing to marry abroad has to apply for a Certificate of No Impediment to Marriage from the nearest Kenyan Mission.
How do I legally get married in Kenya?
The first step to obtaining a marriage certificate in Kenya is filling a Notice of Marriage with the Office of the Registrar General and waiting for up to 21 days. A fee of 600 Kenya Shillings is charged for filling the notice. Upon the expiry of the 21-day waiting period, the couple can proceed to the next step.
What documents do I need to get married in Kenya?
- Passport sized photos.
- Birth certificate.
- Copy of the 2 witnesses’ passports.
- Tourist card (for entering Kenya)
- Proof of departure from Kenya.
- A sworn affidavit stating you can legally marry (ie. a marriage licence)
What is the fastest way to marry a foreigner?
Speed of Marriage
If your priority is to become married as soon as possible, it will generally be quicker to marry outside the United States. Obtaining a K-1 visa, typically the fastest way to the U.S., will take approximately 5-10 months. So visiting the fiancé in his or her home country will usually be faster.
Can a man marry two wives legally in Kenya?
In March 2014, Kenya’s Parliament passed a bill allowing men to marry multiple wives. Polygamy is common among traditional communities in Kenya, as well as among the country’s Muslim community. … The Bill was made legislation on 1 May 2014.
Who is not allowed to have dual citizenship in Kenya?
(1) A person is not eligible for election or appointment to a State office unless the person is a citizen of Kenya. (2) A State officer or a member of the defence forces shall not hold dual citizenship.
How much does a marriage certificate cost in Kenya?
How much does it cost to get a Kenyan Marriage Certificate? Fee, of Ksh 3,900 is charged for the whole process. A fee of Ksh 9,700 is charged if the wedding is being conducted in the Registrar’s office and Ksh 16,700 if the wedding will take place in a garden.
Is come we stay marriage legal in Kenya?
The come we stay marriages are here to stay and therefore courts should be reluctant to discard them. Courts in Kenya need to take judicial notice of its existence and it should also be included as a form of marriage in the Marriage Act 2014.
Is traditional marriage legal in Kenya?
The Parties must be 18 years or older. At the time of marriage, the Parties must not have entered a Civil, Christian, Islam or Hindu marriage. … The parties must freely consent to the registration of the marriage. Registration of Customary Marriage is only applicable to Kenyans who have conducted the customary rites.
What constitutes a marriage in Kenya?
The Act defines a marriage as a voluntary union of a man and a woman whether in a monogamous or polygamous union and registered under this Act. …
How can I check my birth certificate online in Kenya?
How to Retrieve Birth Certificate Online in Kenya
- Apply for KRA PIN Registration here at Cyber.co.ke Portal.
- Apply for KRA PIN Retrieval here at Cyber.co.ke Portal.
- Apply for KRA PIN Update here at Cyber.co.ke Portal.
- Apply for Change of Email Address here at Cyber.co.ke.
How long does it take to marry a foreigner?
The total wait time for a marriage-based green card ranges between 10 to 38 months, depending on whether you are married to a U.S. citizen or green card holder and where you currently live (not including possible delays).
How much does it cost to marry a foreigner?
The government filing fees for getting a family-based green card is $1,760 for an applicant living in the United States or $1,200 for an applicant living outside the United States.
What documents are needed to marry a foreigner?
The documents required for a marriage green card vary by situation but generally include the following:
- Birth certificate.
- Marriage certificate.
- Financial documents.
- Proof of sponsor’s U.S. citizenship or permanent residence.
- Proof of lawful U.S. entry and status, if applicable.
- Police clearance certificate, if applicable.