How do I transfer ownership of a log book in Kenya?
List of NTSA offices in Kenya and their contacts (Updated 2019)
- To access the transfer menu, you must click the Vehicle Registration button.
- Then proceed to the property transfer request.
- Next, you must click on the Create New button and enter the registration number of the vehicle you wish to transfer.
How do I transfer my log book online?
To transfer ownership online you’ll need to complete a form on the DVLA website. To do this you need the details of the new owner, you’ll need the 11-digit reference number from the car’s V5C. Once the online form is completed and submitted you’ll receive an email confirmation.
How do I transfer ownership of a car in Kenya?
How to make the transfer
- Click on VEHICLE REGISTRATION to access the menu.
- Click on APPLY FOR TRANSFER OF OWNERSHIP.
- Click on CREATE NEW button and key in the vehicle registration number.
- Click on INQUIRE to find information about the vehicle.
- Then click VIEW to get more information.
- UPLOAD a scanned copy of the logbook.
How much does it cost to transfer car ownership in Kenya?
Motor vehicle transfer costs in Kenya
Those automobiles ranging from 1201 to1500cc will pay 2065/= for transfers. Vehicles of 1501-1700 cc pay 2410 as transfer fees. The cost for trailers with four wheels or less is 1030/= while those with more than four wheels is 1890/= while that of a tractor is 1030/= as well.
How long does it take to get a log book?
You should apply by post if you need to change the vehicle details. You should usually receive your log book within 6 weeks if you apply by post.
How much is a log book?
It’s much quicker to use the online service to replace a lost or damaged V5C log book and motorists will get a new one in 5 working days – motorists applying by post may have to wait up to 6 weeks. It costs £25 for a duplicate log book whether you go online or apply by post.
Where else can I find my log book number?
How do I find my V5C number without a logbook? Unless you happened to have written it down, the only way to get this number is on the logbook. Therefore you’ll need to apply for a new one with a V62 form, which will cost £25 and take at least six weeks.
Can you view your V5C online?
You can check vehicle details online using DVLA’s vehicle enquiry service if you know the make and registration number, but keeper details are much harder to verify if you don’t have the V5c.
Can you change ownership of a vehicle online without v5?
It’s actually entirely possible (and 100% legal) to sell a car and transfer ownership without a V5C document. … Once a car has been sold or changed ownership, you can also notify the DVLA without needing the V5C if it’s unavailable. In fact, you can now do that online.
How long does it take to transfer a logbook in Kenya?
Get your NTSA / KRA motor vehicle transfer processed together with the Logbook Transfer Form C from the previous owner and have your new Logbook with your details within 5 Working Days. The application will be processed through NTSA / KRA on your behalf and deliver the necessary documents to you efficiently.
Who is responsible for changing ownership of a vehicle?
The responsibility of changing the ownership of a vehicle lies with the buyer and the seller. It’s the buyer’s responsibility to pay for the change of ownership.
How can I check my log book status in Kenya?
NTSA/KRA logbook search Procedure
- Open the M-Pesa menu.
- Choose ‘Lipa na M-Pesa’ option.
- On the menu, select ‘Buy Goods and Services’
- Provide 202994 as the till number.
- Enter KEs. …
- Provide your M-Pesa pin for authentication.
- Press Ok to continue filling ‘Personal Details’ form.
How long does logbook take after transfer?
For a new V5 document after changing an address, it can take up to 6 weeks to arrive in the post. If your car tax is coming up for renewal in the next four weeks, it’s best to complete that first and then send off your V5C.
How do I find out who owns a vehicle in Kenya?
1. How to Search Motor Vehicle Ownership Online in Kenya
- Go to your M-Pesa menu.
- Select ‘Lipa na M-PESA’
- Select ‘Buy Goods and Services’
- ‘Enter till number:5361747 (Priche Technologies)
- ‘Enter amount’: Ksh950.
- ‘Enter PIN’
- Confirm by selecting ‘OK’ .
What is transfer or CR to new owner?
- Go to LTO District Office. …
- There will be an actual inspection of the car. …
- Proceed to the cashier when your name is called for the necessary fees and get an Official Receipt (OR).
- Wait at the Releasing Counter for your Certificate of Registration (CR), plates, stickers, and other requested documents.