You’ll want at the very least 4 and preferably 5 or 6 days on the ground there. If you have 5 or 6, I’d recommend spending 2 in Cairo, an overnight in Luxor, and taking a day trip up to Alexandria from Cairo. If you have longer you can stay overnight in Alex too.
How many days is enough in Egypt?
If you are looking to enjoy the main highlights of Egypt, seven days will be enough. One week is the perfect amount of time for touring Egypt. This allows you to see places like Cairo, Aswan, Abu Simbel, Luxor while cruising along the Nile River.
What can you see in Egypt in 7 days?
How to Spend 7 Days in Egypt – The Ultimate Itinerary
- Day 1 – Arrive in Cairo + Optional evening tour.
- Day 3 – Fly to Luxor for a Nile Cruise // Karnak + Luxor Temples.
- Afternoon – Explore Karnak & Luxor Temples.
- Day 4 – Nile Cruise // Valley of the Kings.
- Day 5 – Nile Cruise // Edfu & Kom Ombo.
- Day 6 – Nile Cruise // Aswan Sightseeing.
- Afternoon – Relax or Do a Tour.
What can you see in Egypt in 5 days?
Here Are the Best 5 Days Egypt Tour:
- 5 Days Giza Pyramids & Old Cairo Tour.
- 5 Days Budget Trip to Cairo, Alexandria, and Luxor.
- 5 Days Egypt Tour to Cairo, Luxor with Abu Simbel.
- 5 Days Cairo and Alexandria Tour Package.
- 5 Days Majestic Tour Package to Cairo and Luxor.
- 5 Days Nile River Cruise from Luxor To Aswan.
How many days do you need in Cairo?
3 days is the perfect amount of time to see the city of Cairo. Here are the best of what you’ll see during your 3 days in Cairo.
What is the best month to go to Egypt?
Egypt is best visited in the fall (Sept-Nov) and spring (Feb-Apr). The weather is relatively chilly December through January, except in the south, where the winter is very pleasant. The summer is the only time to be avoided for climatic reasons.
What should I wear in Egypt as a woman?
Solo Woman’s Packing List for Egypt
- 3-5 Pairs of underwear.
- 1 Pair of solid walking shoes (I wore my Keens hiking sandals)
- 2 Loose fitting, wide legged ankle length pants.
- 1 Ankle length light weight skirt.
- 3 Tunic style wrist length tops that have modest necklines.
- 2-3 Light weight scarves.
- 1 Scarf pin.
- 1 Pair of sunglasses.
How much will a trip to Egypt cost?
Egypt trip cost
So how much does it cost to go to Egypt and see the highlights? I estimate that 8 days in Egypt, including a Nile River cruise and professional, private guides, will cost approximately $2,430 per person. Not bad considering this estimate also includes private guides for all of the sites and attractions.
What clothes should I wear in Egypt?
A) Clothes to wear in Egypt
- Shorts or short skirts as you see fit (covering the knee, if possible)
- A couple of T-shirts.
- At least one shirt, blouse, or smart looking top.
- One pair of long trousers.
- A veil/shawl (women only; you can buy it at most souvenir shops as well)
- Swimsuit or bathing suit.
How much does it cost to tour Egypt?
In March 2019, our average daily cost for two people was $142 per day, for a very similar itinerary. This averages out to $71 USD per person per day. Group size and time of year will have an impact on your daily tour cost. You will pay a higher fee per person if your group size is small.
Is Egypt cheap or expensive?
Egypt is quite a cheap country. For accommodation you can get cheap hostels at 15 US$ per person per day, and getting along by taxi wouldn’t cost much about 20 US$ a day if you are going to visit two places in a day.
Are Egypt tours safe?
Egypt – Level 4: Do Not Travel. Do not travel to Egypt due to COVID-19. Reconsider travel due to terrorism, and do not travel to the Sinai Peninsula (with the exception of travel to Sharm El-Sheikh by air) and the Western Desert due to terrorism, and Egyptian border areas due to military zones.
Where should I stay in Egypt for sightseeing?
- Cairo – The Overall Best Place to Stay in Egypt.
- Hurghada – Best Place to Stay in Egypt for Families.
- El Gouna – Where to Stay in Egypt for Couples.
- Cairo – The Coolest Place to Stay in Egypt.
- Aswan – Where to Stay in Egypt on a Budget.
- Luxor – One of the Most Unique Places to Stay in Egypt.
Is food expensive in Cairo?
While meal prices in Cairo can vary, the average cost of food in Cairo is E£57 per day. … Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner. The price of food in sit-down restaurants in Cairo is often higher than fast food prices or street food prices.
Which is better Cairo or Luxor?
Cairo is a fantastic city, even though it’s dirty, polluted, with horrendous traffic. Luxor is definitely more relaxed and pleasant in a way (except for the countless hustlers), but Cairo is more real. Though it has amazing sights, the Luxor area is a tourist town, not a “real” city.
Is Cairo worth visiting?
In my opinion, Cairo is much more worth it than Sharm… Even if it doesn’t turn out be your favourite place, take it as an authentic experience (unlike Sharm). You certainly will get some hassle, but don’t take it as harassment, it’s just people trying to make a living and not meant as an aggression.