How much is vehicle registration in Kenya?
Registration will cost between 15,000 – 23,000 Ksh to register your car. This is done by your clearing agent. If you have a special number plate the cost to have this transferred is 30,000 Ksh. It can sometimes delay the time it takes to register your vehicle.
How do I register my car in Kenya?
The things you require to register a vehicle.
- Certified copy of national identity card of vehicle owner or valid Passport.
- Personal Identification Certificate Number (PIN) card.
- Bill of Lading or Airway Bill.
- Import Declaration Form (IDF)
- Duty and VAT receipts.
- Import entry form (Form 63)
How long does it take to register a car in Kenya?
About 3 to 7 days.
How do I register my ex army vehicle?
To register an ex-military vehicle one has to provide confirmation of the date the vehicle was built. Upon examination of the vehicle and/or relevant photos we will provide an Age Related letter on Club headed notepaper that the DVLA will accept as proof of age of the vehicle along with a V55/5 form.
Is it cheaper to import a car in Kenya?
Therefore, the short answer as to whether it’s cheaper to import a car in Kenya is yes.
Which is the current number plate in Kenya?
The current series of vehicle registration plates in Kenya are on a white plate with black lettering and look quite similar to UK suffix style registrations. The format is LLL NNNL, where ‘L’ denotes a letter and ‘N’ denotes a digit.
How do I import a car to Kenya?
Other crucial information and documents that are needed to import a car to Kenya are:
- Original Commercial Invoice.
- Original Bill of lading. …
- Original Logbook from the country of importation. …
- Pre-shipment inspection certificate. …
- Copy of your PIN certificate/ Copy of certificate of Incorporation (applicable to companies)
How much is import duty on cars in Kenya?
How is car duty calculated in Kenya? Import Duty is 25% of the CRSP. Excise Duty is 20% of the CRSP + Import Duty.
How do I get a new number plate in Kenya?
Here is how to go about it,
- Go to tims.go.ke.
- Create an account **Kindly note that the account should be in the name as per the logbook**.
- Once you have login.
- Go to apply reflective number plate.
- Choose on the vehicle that you wish to apply for the same.
- Indicate which type of the plate whether oblong or square.
What do I need to know before importing a car?
17 Things People Should Know Before Buying And Importing A Car
- 1 Take Note Of The Import Value. Via autoshippers.co.uk.
- 2 Luxury Cars Are Best Imported From Italy And Germany. Via he.memegenerator.net. …
- 3 Protect Your Investment. Via motoringresearch.com. …
- 4 Cost Of Running Repairs. …
- 5 Size Matters. …
- 6 Don’t Get Scammed. …
- 7 Do A Sanctions Check. …
- 8 Confirm Classic Car Considerations. …
What is the age limit for car importation in Kenya?
Acting Transport secretary James Macharia maintained the eight-year maximum age rule for motor vehicle importation holds. The law bars Kenyans from importing vehicles whose first year of registration is more than eight years.
How old should a car be to import to Kenya?
In Particular, The Imported Vehicle; Must be less than 8 years old form the year of first registration. Will be subject to roadworthiness inspection by a KEBS appointed inspection agent in the country of export. Must be Right Hand drive.