Application for a provisional driving licence can be made either at Police Stations or on-line. An applicant for a provisional driving licence can simply apply online through the Government Online Centre (GOC) at http://police.govmu.org.
How do I get a driver’s license in Mauritius?
In order to obtain a Mauritian driving licence, you must go through the Police Commissioner.
Application for a Mauritian driving licence
- A birth certificate.
- National identity card/student card.
- Marriage certificate.
- Work/residence permit and passport if not a citizen.
How do I get an international driving Licence in Mauritius?
How to apply:
- Applicant should call in person at the International Driving Permit Counter, Traffic Branch,Line Barracks between 0900 hrs. …
- Visit the police station which you made the appointment with all the required documents i.e.
How can I pass my driving test in Mauritius?
Tips for Driving Test
- COCKPIT CHECKS. These checks may be simple but they are essential, make sure you do all these checks in the right order before starting the engine. …
- CONTROL AND INSTRUMENTS. …
- MOVING OFF AND STOPPING. …
- MIRRORS VISION AND USE. …
- SIGNALS. …
- ANTICIPATION AND PLANNING. …
- USE OF SPEED. …
- OTHER TRAFFIC.
How do I apply for my learners in Mauritius?
Application for Learner’s License Mauritius
- Application in person. At the nearest Police Station of the locality with following original documents: …
- On-Line Application. Apply On-Line on Police website http://www.govmu.org All instructions will be provided via an automated email address provided. …
- Audio Visual Test (Oral Test)
How many police station are there in Mauritius?
Share With Friends
|Town / Village / Place||Phone Number|
|Curepipe Police Station||670 7615 / 16 / 17 674 0567|
|Eau Coulée Police Station||676 3321 674 8263|
|Floreal Police Station||696 2669 686 7080 697 6585|
|Vacoas Police Station||696 4058 / 59 697 1760|
What do I need to bring to my driving test Mauritius?
Birth Certificate. National Identity Card or Student Pass as applicable. Marriage Certificate as applicable. Original work/residence permit and passport(for non-Mauritian Citizen)
Is Mauritius left hand drive?
The visitors from these countries can also use their national driving licences in Mauritius. … Cars drive on the left hand side and the priority is for vehicles coming from the right; Mauritius has only one motorway.
Does Indian driving license work in Mauritius?
You don’t automatically think about a road trip. But you should, driving along the beaches of Mauritius is an exhilarating experience. Mauritius lets its tourists drive on their home driver’s license for a period of four weeks.
At what age can you drive in Mauritius?
Driving in Mauritius: what does the law say? If you want to hit the road in Mauritius, you have to be 18 years old or more and have a valid driving license. The minimum age required to drive a motorcycle is 17 years old. Foreigners on holidays in Mauritius can also drive under the same conditions.
Can a learner driver carry passengers in Mauritius?
He shall ,except in the case of a vehicle which is not constructed or adapted to carry more that one person ,use it only when under the supervision of a person who has been the holder of a driving licence ,other than a provisional licence for at least two years ,such person shall be present with him in the vehicle .
How do I get a bus license in Mauritius?
How to obtain a contract bus licence ? Call at the NTA with your birth certificate and your National Identity Card. If the application is to be made on the name of a company, bring along the original and a copy of the certificate of incorporation.
How do you get a learners permit for a bus?
Have a full Category B driving licence. Pass the ‘Bus and Truck’ theory test. Get a Category C or D learner permit.
You then must complete the following additional steps:
- Pass your case study test.
- Take some driving lessons.
- Pass your practical driving test.
- Pass your walkaround test.
- Apply for your full licence.