Ibrahim is the most common surname but there are more Nigerian last names that are common and popular that you may hear more than a couple of times in a day. 1. Abara (Igbo origin) This surname means “spirit”. 2.
What is the most common Nigerian name?
Most Popular First Names In Nigeria
What are some common African last names?
African last names are popular around the globe.
25 Popular African Last Names Rich In Culture And History
- Adébáyọ̀ Origin: Nigerian (Yoruba) …
- Abebe. Origin: Ethiopian. …
- Ababio. Origin: Ghanaian. …
- Kanumba. Origin: Tanzanian. …
- Keita. Origin: Malian.
What is the most common surname in Africa?
The most common last names in Africa
In South Africa the most common surname is Nkosi.
Do Yoruba have surnames?
THE STRUCTURES OF YORÙBÁ SURNAMES
There are three categories of Yorùbá surnames. The first category comprises surnames that are sentences and the sentences are combinations of noun phrases (NPs henceforth) and verb phrases (VPs henceforth). An example of a Yorùbá sentential surname is shown in Figure 1.
What is a good Nigerian name?
Common Nigerian names – English
- Blessing. Mercy. Favour. Joy. …
- Precious. Peace. Marvelous. Gift. …
- Divine. Victor. Victoria. Victory. …
- Blossom. Hope. Alice. Jenny. …
- Sandra. Happiness. Paul. Paulina. …
- Queen. Princess. King. Prince. …
- Faith. Joyce. Patience. Gloria. …
- Common Nigerian names from the different ethnic groups in Nigeria. Michael. Emmanuel.
What are some Nigerian girl names?
219 Nigerian Baby Girl Names With Meanings
|Abebi||We asked for a girl child.||Nigerian,Yoruba|
|Adaego||Daughter of wealth||Igbo,Nigerian|
|Adaeze||Princess, daughter of the king.||Igbo,Nigerian|
|Adaku||A girl born into wealthy family or the one who brings wealth to the family.||Igbo,Nigerian|
What is a good African name?
Popular Baby Names , origin african
|Abayomi||Nigerian name meaning bringer of happiness.||African|
|Abdalla||Servant of God. (Swahili).||African|
|Abdu||Worshiper of God||African|
|Abebe||Asked for (Nigerian).||African|
What are some African names?
- Monday – Kojo (male), Adwoa (female)
- Tuesday – Kwabena (male), Abena (female)
- Wednesday – Kwaku (male), Ekua (female)
- Thursday – Yaw (male), Yaa (female)
- Friday – Kofi (male), Efua (female)
- Saturday – Kwame (male), Ama (female)
- Sunday – Akwesi (male), Akosua, (female)
What are some Egyptian last names?
Most Common Last Names In Egypt
What is the rarest last name?
Here are 100 of the Rarest Last Names in the U.S. as of the 2010 Census
What’s the most popular last name in the world?
Most Popular Last Names In The World
What is the most common last name in Utah?
Ancestry digs up top 3 last names in each state. Do they sound familiar?
|State||#1 most common name||#2 most common name|