Functions. The Ghana Education Service is responsible for; Providing and overseeing Basic Education, Senior High Education, Technical Education as well as Special Education. Registering, supervising and inspecting private pre-tertiary educational institutions.
What are the functions of GES Council?
The functions of GES are as follows:
- To provide and oversee Basic Education (Pre-tertiary), Technical Education as well as Special Education.
- To promote the efficiency and full development of talents among its members.
- To carry out such other functions as are incidental to the attainment of the functions specified above.
What are the core functions of the Ministry of Education?
16 Important Roles of Ministry of Education
- 1- Take Full Control of Policies, Decisions and Planning activities. …
- 2- Regulation of New School Systems. …
- 3- App and Website Development. …
- 4- Careful Utilization of Educational Budget. …
- 5- Macro Guidance to all Educational Institutes. …
- 6- Integration of Different Schooling Systems. …
- 7- Schools Ranking System.
How many functional divisions are under Ghana Education Service?
Introduction. The Technical and Vocational Education Division (TVED) is one of the Ten (10) Divisions of the Ghana Education Service (GES) Headquarters responsible for implementing pre-tertiary Technical and Vocational Education under the Ministry of Education (MoE).
What are the core values of Ghana Education Service?
Our Core Values
- Excellence. We facilitate quality teaching and learning with our wide range of resources, to ensure that each member of the community reaches his or her peak of excellence.
- International Mindedness. We are conscious of the global inter-connectedness. …
- Honesty. …
- Respect. …
- Critical thinking. …
- Creativity. …
- Teamwork. …
Is SHS basic education?
Senior High School “completes” basic education by making sure that the high school graduate is equipped for work, entrepreneurship, or higher education. This is a step up from the 10-year cycle where high school graduates still need further education (and expenses) to be ready for the world.
What is the vision and mission of the Ministry of Education?
Provide equitable, inclusive and quality education and lifelong learning opportunities to all children and harness their full potential to become productive citizens. Equip all children with appropriate knowledge, skills and values to cope with the challenges of the 21st century.
What are the roles and responsibilities of the minister of education?
As such, the Ministry of Education is the driving force for change, growth, and development in education, providing the legislative framework, policies, strategies, plans, and resources to enable institutions, agencies and other bodies to achieve their agreed mandates.
Who is the current Minister of Education Ghana?
|Ministry of Education||Matthew Opoku-Prempeh Yaw Osei Adutwum (Deputy minister)|
|Ministry of Health||Kwaku Agyemang-Manu Dr Bernard Oko-Boye(MP) (Deputy minister) Tina Gifty Naa Ayele Mensah (Deputy minister)|
What is the education minister’s job?
Where known, the government department, ministry, or agency that develops policy and delivers services relating to sports are listed; overseen by and responsible to the education minister. … The first such ministry ever is considered to be the Commission of National Education (pl.
What is the structure of the Ghana Education Service?
The Ghana Education Service is governed by a fifteen-member council called the GES council. The agency was established in 1974 by the National Redemption Council. It partners with organisations and is demarcated into various units to ensure the effective execution of its mandate.
What is the highest rank in Ghana Education Service?
The most senior rank in the Ghana Education Service is the Director-General rank. The rank is based on appointment upon recommendation of the GES council to serve for a term of four years by the President of Ghana.
What is the structure of Ghana Education?
At present, the system is divided into six years of elementary education and three years of junior secondary education (jointly referred to as basic education), followed by three of senior secondary education and standard four-year university programs (6+3+3+4).
What are core values for schools?
- COOPERATION: ‘Sharing and learning together’. Cooperation is working together in a team, contributing and sharing in a helpful way.
- ACHIEVEMENT: ‘Persist and try your best’. …
- RESPECT: ‘Respect each other and our environment’. …
- EMPATHY: ‘Treat others with care and compassion’.
What is the mission of GES?
Our mission is to create the world’s most meaningful and memorable experiences for marketers, organizers, and event attendees.
Which act has changed the face of Ghana Education Service?
The Education Act 778, a legal product of the National Education Reform (2007), has put our nation’s education system into three progressive levels, namely; basic education, which consists of two years of kindergarten education, six years of primary education and three years of junior high school education.