What should you not wear on safari?
What NOT to Wear on Safari
- Don’t bring bright-coloured clothing or busy patterns. …
- Avoid camouflage clothing as some African countries reserve this pattern for military personnel only.
- Dark colours attract Tsetse flies, so stay away from dark blue or black clothing – they have a painful bite!
What color should you not wear on safari?
Avoid black and dark blue clothing (both colors attract tsetse flies), and leave bright-white items at home; safari parks are often dusty, and white clothes may get dingy. You want to see wildlife on safari, not look like it!
What should I pack for Masai Mara Safari?
Packing list: What to pack for Kenya?
- HEAD TORCH. It’s always great to have – African nights are dark!
- A GOOD BOOK. For relaxation between the adventures.
- FOOTWEAR. …
- CAMERA. …
- WIND JACKET/RAINCOAT. …
- SWEATER/FLEECE JACKET. …
- COMFORTABLE SAFARI CLOTHES. …
How should I dress for an African safari?
Wennersten’s general safari must-haves, during summer (November-March)
- Comfortable sneakers/sandals/walking shoes for game walks.
- Flip-flops or similar for pool or in-room use, or even in safari vehicle.
- Baseball cap or hat to keep dust/sun from head.
- Windbreaker/fleece jacket for layering during game drives and evening.
Can you wear jeans on safari?
Jeans are a must-have when it comes to what to wear on safari! You’ll also want to have a comfortable pair of pants that you can wear around the campsite at night. Safari Packing Tip: Make sure you’re packing light. You should need no more than 5 pairs of safari pants.
What kind of shoes should I wear on safari?
We find that light trail shoes and hybrid shoe/sandals (Keen, Teva, Merrel, North Face, HiTec, Garmont, Salomon etc) are adequate for regular travel and normal safari conditions. Even fly-camping trips and walking trails on fairly rough terrain don’t warrant hiking boots when conditions are dry.
What can you not do on safari?
10 Things To Avoid On Safari
- Arguing with customs officials, money changers, mosquitoes, and birders (twitchers)!
- Becoming dehydrated. …
- Photographing anything relating to the government or military, including personnel (soldiers and police) and buildings (post offices, banks, airports, border posts, railway stations and bridges).
What color should you not wear in the jungles?
These should all be in neutral colors such as greens, olives, browns, and khakis. However there some neutral colors and clothing you need to stay away from, such as: No Dark blue and/or black colours can attract tsetse flies which have a nasty bite.
Is it OK to wear white on safari?
Don’t: Wear white
While white might be a versatile colour that can go with many things, it does not blend in well in the African bush. The terrain, while breathtaking, is also rather dusty, particularly during the dry season.
What is the coldest month in Kenya?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||March (70 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||July (63 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||April (2.51″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||March (9 mph avg)|
Which is better Masai Mara or Serengeti?
Basically, there’s no one better than the other here, both Serengeti and Masai Mara are amazing safari destinations. Masai Mara is probably slightly more concentrated (year-long) from a wildlife point-of-view, but Serengeti has mind-blowing vastness. There are pros and cons to going on safari in both.
What can you not take to Kenya?
Prohibited Items: What You Can’t Take into Kenya
- Illegal drugs.
- Guns, explosives, and ammunition – unless you have a relevant written permit.
- Knives and hunting weapons.
- Hazardous materials.
- Meat and meat products.
- Plants and plant products – unless you have a relevant written permit.
- Counterfeit money and goods.
Can you wear shorts in Kenya?
You can wear shorts in Kenya but only in Private Spaces like your hotel room and in your tour van or car. … This is because shorts are frowned upon when worn by either men and women in Kenya and wearing them in public will not be appropriate.
What do you wear on a luxury safari?
What to Wear on Safari: 20+ Things You Absolutely Must Pack
- Soft Duffel Bag. First things first, the bag! …
- Packing Cubes. To keep everything organized, I swear by packing cubes! …
- DSLR with Zoom Lens. I highly recommend a DSLR to capture the safari experience! …
- Binoculars. …
- Fleece Pullover / Rain Jacket. …
- Long Sleeved Tops & Comfortable Long Pants. …
- Shorts & T Shirts. …
Can you wear shorts in Africa?
Wear pants or long skirts when traveling in Africa. … Avoid short skirts and shorts, which leave your legs vulnerable to mosquitoes and are considered immodest on women. Men should also avoid wearing shorts, as they are traditionally only worn by schoolchildren in many African nations.