What should I wear on safari in Kenya?
- Trainers / Walking shoes / safari boots.
- Comfortable shoes: loafers / moccasins / deck shoes.
- Jacket / Windbreaker / Fleece for the very chilly early morning and evening game drives.
- Waterproof light rainjacket.
- Warm sweater / Fleece jacket.
- 2 pairs safari trousers / chinos.
- 2 pairs safari shorts.
What should I bring on safari?
Here’s the “must-haves” to pack for your safari:
- A) T-shirt, shirt or blouse – long sleeves and collars help to protect from the sun and mosquitoes.
- B) Fleece or warm jacket.
- C) A pair of safari trousers – those that zip off at the knees are very handy, too.
- D) Comfortable walking shoes (or boots) and socks.
- E) Hat.
What should I pack for an African safari trip?
Wennersten’s general safari must-haves, during summer (November-March)
- Comfortable sneakers/sandals/walking shoes for game walks.
- Flip-flops or similar for pool or in-room use, or even in safari vehicle.
- Baseball cap or hat to keep dust/sun from head.
- Windbreaker/fleece jacket for layering during game drives and evening.
How do you prepare for a safari?
First Time Safari Tip #10: Stay Healthy
- Drink plenty of water from one of these travel water bottles.
- Keep yourself covered from the sun. …
- Stay limber. …
- Take antimalarial medicine if you are a worrier. …
- Get some shut eye. …
- Take it easy on your stomach. …
- Bring a small medical kit with some basic needs for emergencies.
What should you not wear in Kenya?
The things you should not wear in Kenya are:
- Cammo / Military style clothes.
- Crop Tops.
- Mini Skirts.
- Black or Dark blue.
- Tank tops.
- Expensive Jewelry.
- Open Shoes.
What is the coldest month in Kenya?
|Quick Climate Info|
|Hottest Month||March (70 °F avg)|
|Coldest Month||July (63 °F avg)|
|Wettest Month||April (2.51″ avg)|
|Windiest Month||March (9 mph avg)|
Can you wear jeans on safari?
Jeans are a must-have when it comes to what to wear on safari! You’ll also want to have a comfortable pair of pants that you can wear around the campsite at night. Safari Packing Tip: Make sure you’re packing light. You should need no more than 5 pairs of safari pants.
What color should you not wear on safari?
Avoid black and dark blue clothing (both colors attract tsetse flies), and leave bright-white items at home; safari parks are often dusty, and white clothes may get dingy. You want to see wildlife on safari, not look like it!
What should you not wear on safari?
What NOT to Wear on Safari
- Don’t bring bright-coloured clothing or busy patterns. …
- Avoid camouflage clothing as some African countries reserve this pattern for military personnel only.
- Dark colours attract Tsetse flies, so stay away from dark blue or black clothing – they have a painful bite!
What kind of shoes should I wear on safari?
We find that light trail shoes and hybrid shoe/sandals (Keen, Teva, Merrel, North Face, HiTec, Garmont, Salomon etc) are adequate for regular travel and normal safari conditions. Even fly-camping trips and walking trails on fairly rough terrain don’t warrant hiking boots when conditions are dry.
What is there to do on safari?
Activities While on Safari
- Game drives and guided walks. Nothing new here…. …
- Canoeing / Kayaking / Rafting / Mokoros. The more adventurous amonst you should definitely consider any of these options. …
- Balloon Safaris. …
- Horse Riding. …
- Microlight and Helicopter Flights. …
- Quad bikes & Mountain biking. …
- Field Guide & Wildlife Courses. …
- Sound Safaris.
What do you wear on a Serengeti safari?
Recommended safari clothing to bring
- T-shirts and tank tops.
- Long-sleeved shirts (for protection from sunburns)
- Light long pants or convertible long-short pants.
- Warm fleece pullover or jacket.
- One swimsuit.
- Cotton socks and underwear.
Can you wear GREY on safari?
Shorts and shirts are quite comfortable on a safari especially during the day, but sometimes during the game drives and short walks in the bushes you might wish you had covered up a little more. So light weight pants in light colors like cream, khaki and Chinos or grey are good for the game drives and walks.
Is a safari worth it?
If you can only spend three to four days on safari, it’s probably not worth the travel and cost. … Since every single day and hour is unique on an African safari, the more time you have to explore and see what the wildlife has to offer, the better.
Which African country is best for safaris?
Ratings for the major African safari countries
- 1 Botswana. 4.61/5.
- 2 Tanzania. 4.55/5.
- 3 Zambia. 4.46/5.
- 4 Zimbabwe. 4.38/5.
- 5 Kenya. 4.36/5.
- 6 South Africa. 4.34/5.
- 7 Namibia. 4.27/5.
- 8 Uganda. 4.22/5.