Just like Medicine and Surgery, Neurosurgery is a very competitive course to study in Nigerian Universities. It is important that when applying for Neurosurgery you should ensure to meet up all the requirements.
How many neurosurgeons are in Nigeria?
Currently, there are about 70 neurosurgeons serving the over 170 million population of Nigeria.
Can one study neurosurgery in Nigeria?
In Nigeria, Neurosurgery is a subject under Medicine and Surgery which is one of the most popular courses in Nigeria and very competitive in university. Competitiveness means many students want to gain admission to study this course.
How many years does it take to study neurosurgery in Nigeria?
After procuring a MD, neurosurgery requirements incorporate finishing a one-year hospital internship, followed by a six years or more neurosurgical residency.
Who is the best neurosurgeon in Africa?
|E. Latunde Odeku|
|Known for||First African neurosurgeon trained in the United States; first neurosurgeon in Nigeria.|
Who is the richest neurosurgeon?
Dr Sanjay Gupta – Net worth $4.5 million. Neurosurgeon/media personality, Dr Sanjay Gupta is CNN’s chief medical correspondent and hosts his own health programme. He has also regularly appeared on Larry King Live and Anderson Cooper’s show.
Who is the richest doctor in Nigeria?
|Born||Nkerehi, Eastern Region, British Nigeria (now Nkerhi, Anambra, Nigeria)|
|Other names||Lion of Africa Okeosisi Orumba|
|Occupation||Doctor businessman philanthropist|
|Spouse(s)||Stella Maduka (Wife)|
Which university in Nigeria can I study neurosurgery?
Below are Top 10 Universities to study Neurosurgery in Nigeria.
- Abia State University, Uturu. …
- Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. …
- Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti. …
- University Of Ibadan (UI) …
- University of Benin (UNIBEN) …
- Lagos State University, Ojo (LASU) …
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN) …
- University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT)
Is there any neurosurgeon in Nigeria?
Background: Neurosurgery has become endangered species in Nigeria. We have only 15 practising neurosurgeons for our population of 150 million, giving a ratio of one neurosurgeon to 10 million Nigerians. Of the 26 accredited medical schools, only 6 offer neurosurgery.
What is the best university for neurosurgery?
Top 10 Best Neurosurgery Schools
- University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY. …
- Yale University, New Haven, CT. …
- Stanford University, Stanford, CA. …
- University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL. …
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI. …
- Ohio State University, Columbus, OH. …
- New York University, New York, NY. …
- University of California, Oakland, CA.
Do neurosurgeons have time for family?
The Challenges of Starting a Family During Neurosurgical Residency Training. … It is reasonable to question if a resident can adequately meet the demands of both their training as well as those of being a parent. There does not, however, seem to be a reasonable alternative time for a neurosurgeon to start a family.
How difficult is neurosurgery?
“It’s physically hard work, and it’s emotionally hard work,” Dr. Narayan says. … Many neurosurgical procedures are only an hour or two in length, but complex operations, such as removing invasive brain tumors, can last 15 hours, notes Dr. Tartaglione.
Who is the best doctor in Nigeria?
Top 10 Best doctors in Nigeria
- Dr. Oluyemi Badero. …
- Professor Babatunde Oshotimehin. A lot of people call him the best medical doctor in Nigeria. …
- Dr. Salamat Ahuoiza Aliu. …
- Dr. Stella Ameyo Adadevoh. …
- Monday Owens Wiwa. …
- Dr. …
- Bankole A. …
- General Oviemo Ovadje.
Who are the best neurosurgeons in the world?
Top 5 neurosurgeons:
- Medical Doctor Bartolomé Oliver.
- Professor Pietro Mortini.
- Professor Serdar Kahraman.
- Medical Doctor JunSeok Bae.
- Medical Doctor Sang Ha Shin.
How much do Nigerian neurosurgeons earn?
An early career Neurosurgeon with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of ₦4,800,000 based on 6 salaries. An experienced Neurosurgeon with 10-19 years of experience earns an average total compensation of ₦14,000,000 based on 6 salaries.
How many neurosurgeons are in the world?
The global total number of neurosurgeons was estimated at 49,940. Overall, neurosurgeon density ranged from 0 to 58.95 (standardized to per 1,000,000 population) with a median of 3.56 (IQR 0.29–8.26). Thirty-three countries were found to have no neurosurgeons (zero).