Well-connected to both European and international destinations, Egypt is fairly easy to get to, however knowing a little more about the country and the moving process before you arrive will make moving to Egypt even easier. … Organizing an international relocation is not something you should do on your own.
Can a US citizen move to Egypt?
U.S. citizens must have a visa to enter Egypt. U.S. citizens can obtain a renewable single-entry 30-day tourist visa on arrival at Egyptian airports for a 25 USD fee. A multiple entry visa is also obtainable for 60 USD.
How can I immigrate to Egypt?
Immigration to Egypt
- Tourist visa. • Tourist visas are valid for up to 3 months and can be either applied for as a single or multiple entry visa (not both) …
- Entry visa. Everyone coming into Egypt must apply for an Entry Visa; after this visa is obtained the foreign national may continue and apply for residency. …
- Residence permit. …
- Work visa.
Is it hard to get a job in Egypt?
Job Hunting in Egypt
In general foreigners do receive better pay than locals, though. Job hunting from abroad is always difficult, however with the help of the internet, finding a job in Egypt isn’t impossible even if you lack extensive experience.
Is it expensive to live in Egypt?
A single person estimated monthly costs are 380$ (5,960EG£) without rent. … Cost of living in Egypt is, on average, 58.73% lower than in United States. Rent in Egypt is, on average, 85.93% lower than in United States.
Can a foreigner buy a house in Egypt?
Foreigners can buy property in Egypt, under Law No 230 of 1996. Foreigners cannot buy more than two pieces of real-estate, which cannot exceed 4,000 square meters (sq. m.), and their purpose must be for a family member to live in the property.
How long can a US citizen stay in Egypt?
You have 90 calendar days to enter the country and can stay within Egypt for a maximum of 30 days. The entry is a simple one, meaning that you can only enter Egypt once.
How long does it take to become a citizen in Egypt?
A person may be naturalised as an Egyptian citizen after at least 10 consecutive years of residence in Egypt. Normally a person must be aged 21 or over in order to become a naturalized Egyptian citizen.
How do I become a permanent resident of Egypt?
Here’s how to get residency in Egypt.
Getting Residency In Egypt.
- Completed Application.
- A Valid Passport.
- Seven Passport Sized Photographs.
- Two copies of your contract.
- Two copies of your Tax ID card.
- Two Education based certificates, college degree, high school, etc.
- Copy of the commercial register of your employer.
How do I get a residence permit in Egypt?
Most foreigners begin by applying for a one-year residence visa, which can be done in Cairo at an office of the Ministry of the Interior “ Al Mogamaa” in Tahrir square or at any passport office around the country. This office supplies British Nationals with the necessary application materials.
What are the highest paying jobs in Egypt?
Top Egypt Salaries – By Job
|Activity||Average Salary||Salary Comparison|
|Consulting, Accounting & Professional Services||$36,000||36000.0|
|Healthcare & Alternative Medicine||$30,000||30000.0|
|Sales & Business Development||$26,000||26000.0|
What kind of jobs are in Egypt?
Egypt’s Types of Employment
- Agriculture. Agriculture continues to dominate the Egyptian employment market. …
- Manufacturing and Construction. Textiles have traditionally been one of the first manufacturing sectors to develop in an emerging economy. …
- Tourism. …
- Self-Employment and Microenterprise. …
- Public Sector. …
- Service Sector. …
- Other Sectors.
Can foreigners work in Egypt?
The Ministry of Manpower on foreigners work in Egypt issued Decree no. 146/2019 providing for new rules on foreigners working in Egypt. … The foreigner is legally authorized to stay in Egypt for the purpose of work; and. Has a work permit obtained from the Ministry of Manpower or its affiliated offices.
How much is rent in Egypt?
1. Housing: According to Expatistan, a website that compiles information provided by expatriates, rent for a furnished 900 square-foot apartment in Cairo costs E£ 5,700 ($319) in what is categorized as an expensive area. The same accommodations in a normal area go for about E£ 3,005 ($165) a month.
What is a good salary in Egypt?
A person working in Egypt typically earns around 9,200 EGP per month. Salaries range from 2,330 EGP (lowest average) to 41,100 EGP (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
How much is a Big Mac in Egypt?
While a single Big Mac costs $US 5 in the United States, a Big Mac in Egypt costs just $US 1.46.