The competitive nature of the course option, as well as the strictness of the medical profession means that it is usually very difficult to gain admission into Nigeria universities to study medicine and surgery. This has, however, not deterred those who wish to study the course.
How many years does it take to become a doctor in Nigeria?
Becoming a doctor takes time. After secondary education, you will spend six years in the medical school, one year as an intern and another year as a Youth Corper. That’s eight years from starting university to practicing medicine.
How much are doctors paid in Nigeria monthly?
A person working in Doctor / Physician in Nigeria typically earns around 796,000 NGN per month. Salaries range from 292,000 NGN (lowest average) to 1,340,000 NGN (highest average, actual maximum salary is higher). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
Which country is easiest to become a doctor?
Easiest Countries To Become A Doctor
- India. …
- Ireland. …
- Belize. …
- Russia. …
- Belgium. …
- Italy. …
- Sweden. Medical schools in Sweden are free for EU students, unfortunately, they recently introduced a fee system for students outside of the EU. …
- High Paying Countries for Doctors in the World. Netherlands:
Who is the best doctor in Nigeria?
Top 10 Best doctors in Nigeria
- Dr. Oluyemi Badero. …
- Professor Babatunde Oshotimehin. A lot of people call him the best medical doctor in Nigeria. …
- Dr. Salamat Ahuoiza Aliu. …
- Dr. Stella Ameyo Adadevoh. …
- Monday Owens Wiwa. …
- Dr. …
- Bankole A. …
- General Oviemo Ovadje.
Who is the richest doctor in Nigeria?
|Born||Nkerehi, Eastern Region, British Nigeria (now Nkerhi, Anambra, Nigeria)|
|Other names||Lion of Africa Okeosisi Orumba|
|Occupation||Doctor businessman philanthropist|
|Spouse(s)||Stella Maduka (Wife)|
Do medical student go for NYSC?
The Federal Government has barred graduates of medicine from participating in the mandatory National Youth Service Corps, until after securing practising licences from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
Who are the lowest paid doctors?
The 10 Lowest-Paid Specialties
- Pediatrics $221,000 (down 5%)
- Family Medicine $236,000 (up 1%)
- Public Health & Preventive Medicine $237,000 (up 2%)
- Diabetes & Endocrinology $245,000 (up 4%)
- Infectious Disease $245,000 (steady)
- Internal Medicine $248,000 (down 1%)
- Allergy & Immunology $274,000 (down 9%)
What is the highest paid job in Nigeria?
Top 25 Highest Paying Jobs in Nigeria Ranked:
- Project Manager – N321,000.
- Petroleum Engineer – N294,000.
- Sailor – N263,000.
- Pilot – N210,000.
- Investment Bankers- N194,000.
- Dentist- N193,000.
- Software Developer- N153,000.
- Accountant – N126,000.
How much do public health workers earn in Nigeria?
A person working as a Public Health Analyst in Nigeria typically earns around 589,000 NGN per month. Salaries range from 271,000 NGN (lowest) to 937,000 NGN (highest). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
What is the hardest doctor to become?
Competitive programs that are the most difficult to match into include:
- Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery.
- General Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
- Plastic Surgery.
Who are the happiest doctors?
Here is our list of the top 10 happiest doctor specialties according to work-life balance and personality:
- Dermatology. …
- Anesthesiology. …
- Ophthalmology. …
- Pediatrics. …
- Psychiatry. …
- Clinical Immunology/Allergy. …
- General/Clinical Pathology. …
- Nephrology. A nephrologist treats diseases and infections of the kidneys and urinary system.
How old is the oldest medical student?
Atomic Leow was 66 years old when he graduated in 2015 as a Doctor of Medicine from University GT Popa of Medicine and Pharmacy in Iasi, Romania. Leow, who is originally from Singapore, is the oldest known medical student in the world.
Who is the richest kid in Nigerian?
Summary of top 10 richest kids in Nigeria
|Rank||Name of Kid||Net Worth(₦)|
|1||Mompha Junior||500 million|
|2||Ahmed Starboy||65 million|
|3||DJ Young Money||61 million|
Who is the best female doctor in Nigeria?
Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi
|Elizabeth Abimbola Awoliyi MBE, OFR|
|Alma mater||Queen’s College, Lagos University of Dublin|
|Known for||First woman to practise medicine in Nigeria Empowerment of women in Nigeria|
Which hospital is the best in Nigeria?
Limi Hospital, Abuja
Limi Hospital is the top hospital in Nigeria as rated by our members in Q4 2018.