The CAC official filing fee for the registration of business name in Nigeria is N10,000 (Ten Thousand Naira Only). However, where an accredited agent is engaged by the applicant for such registration, the agent will also charge a professional fee for the services to be rendered.
What is the cost of registering a business name in Nigeria?
How Much Does it Cost to Register a Business Name in Nigeria? Registration of a private company with a share capital of more than N1m and up to N500m costs N5,000 for every 1m shares of the company. Private company registration above N500m authorized share capital costs N7,500 for every 1m shares of the company.
How much is CAC business registration 2021?
The cost of registering your business name is #10,000. There will be an additional fee of #500 for business name reservation.
How much does it cost to register a business name with CAC?
The Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) has announced a reduction in the cost of business name registration. A business name will now be registered at the cost of N5,000. The service previously attracted a fee of N10,000.
How do I register a business name in Nigeria 2021?
HOW TO REGISTER A BUSINESS NAME IN NIGERIA (2021)
- STEP 1: CHOOSE A NAME FOR YOUR BUSINESS. …
- STEP 2: TAKE A TRIP TO THE NEAREST CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION(CAC) OFFICE. …
- STEP 3: TAKE ANOTHER TRIP TO THE CORPORATE AFFAIRS COMMISSION OFFICE. …
- STEP 4: COLLECTING YOUR BUSSINESS NAME CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION.
What’s the difference between registering a company and business name in Nigeria?
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A BUSINESS NAME AND COMPANY REGISTRATION
A Business name is easy to register. … A business name can be formed by one or more persons i.e. sole proprietorship or partnership while a company needs a minimum of two persons as members as well as directors to be registered.
What is the difference between business name and company name?
A Business name is a registration of a trade name for purposes of business whereas a Company of the incorporation of a separate legal entity to conduct business.
How much does it cost to register a business name in Nigeria 2021?
As a new business, all you have to pay for is the registration of your business name which is ₦10,000.00. Other fees can be paid for as the need arises.
Can I register for CAC online?
Individuals and businesses can now complete the entire process of registering their companies online using the new e-registration portal launched by the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC). … Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to register your company online using the new CAC e-registration portal.
Is CAC doing free registration?
The Federal Government has approved all self-employed and business owners to carry out their Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) registration online free of charge.
What are the requirements for CAC registration?
Registration Form CAC 1.1. Identification of Directors and Shareholders. Payment Receipt of CAC. Stamp Duty Certificate (This is to be printed, once the stamp duty fee is paid).
What are the benefits of registering a business name?
9 Benefits of Business Registration
- Getting on Record. …
- Certificate of Incorporation. …
- Reputation With Customers. …
- Account Opening in Your Company Name. …
- Legal Liability Protection. …
- Getting Loans. …
- Continuity. …
- Hiring Employees.
How do I know if my business name is on the CAC?
Check Business Name / Company Registration in Nigeria Online via CAC Website
- To search for a company or business name, visit the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) website.
- You will be presented with a form to type the name of the company / business you want to search for (as illustrated below).
How long does it take to register a business name in Nigeria?
The entire process for registering a business name normally takes 1-2 weeks, depending on the workload of the CAC and other factors. You do not need a lawyer to register a business name, however, if you want to register a company, you need the services of a lawyer or other accredited agent.
How much does a business name cost?
The fees for registering a business name are: $37 for one year.
How do I register my business name in Nigeria?
Registration steps for Business Names
- Check for availability of the Business Name (click here. Read more about name reservationand Reserve a new Name (click here)
- Complete pre-registration form – CAC-BNo1 and upload relevant registration documents(Online using Company Registration Portal)
- Pay filing fee Check the Fees for our Services here.