You need to know that there are about 10 or more aviation schools in Ghana which you could choose from, but for the purpose of this post, we’ll share with you details about the top 10. Before that; you need to understand what aviation schools are really about. Aviation schools are also known as pilot schools.
Does Ghana have an aviation school?
1. Ghana Civil Aviation Training Academy. The Ghana Civil Aviation Authority(GCAA) established Ghana Civil Aviation Academy (GATA) in the year 2008, as a place where quality and excellent knowledge on aviation is acquired. They seek to provide practicable aviation training in West Africa an beyond.
How much does it cost to become a pilot in Ghana?
Pilot training in Ghana is very expensive. On average, pilot training costs up to $58,995 when you are starting with a private pilot certificate or $75,995 when you have zero experience.
How do I apply for aviation school in Ghana?
Application form should only be obtained from the Ghana International School of Aviation’s Admissions office or downloaded from the official website of the school. An application letter indicating the course you are interested to pursue, and why you should be considered for the course.
What are the requirements for aviation school?
Most aviation programs require the same admissions criteria as most other college programs: a high-school diploma, a minimum GPA, English proficiency, and good test scores. Some programs also require certain prerequisites.
How do I become an air hostess in Ghana?
Most airlines will often need an air hostess to possess at least a tertiary degree in any field of study. However, preference is given to graduates of hospitality, tourism or management-related courses. Aside from your degree, you’ll also be required to enrol in an aviation training school.
What is an aviation course?
There are a number of courses one can study in aviation. Aviation course is referred to any instructor-led training where the candidate learns about the basics of flying, instrument reading, aviation safety and related aspects. It also includes safety and management.
Can you become a pilot for free?
I started learning to fly without any money and this is how: Join the Air Cadets. They have (completely free) gliding introductory courses, gliding scholarships, air experience flights (powered) and flying scholarships. Apply for a Private Pilot Licence (PPL scholarship) with the Honourable Company of Air Pilots.
Does Ghana have a fighter jet?
The GHF, along with the Ghanaian army (GA) and Ghanaian navy (GN), make up the Ghanaian Armed Forces (GAF), which are controlled by the Ghanaian Ministry of Defence (MoD).
|Ghana Air Force|
|Fighter||Embraer EMB 314 Super Tucano|
|Patrol||Diamond DA42 Twin Star|
|Trainer||Hongdu K-8 Karakorum|
How many years does it take to become a pilot in Ghana?
Besides studying for 4 years, you have to earn from 40 to 4000 hours if you wish to receive a certificate and get a job. The big companies are ready to hire only pilots with diplomas, certificates and at least 4000 hours of flight.
How can I get admission in aviation academy?
Admission Process for All IGIA Courses
- Step 1: REGISTER FOR THE COURSE. Use the Online Registration below if you wish to pay the registration fee online. …
- Step 2: ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF APPLICATION FORM. …
- Step 3: ASSESSING YOUR APPLICATION. …
- Step 4: ACCEPTANCE OF OFFER. …
- Step 5: EASY PAYMENT MODES.
How do you apply for aviation?
Here are the steps you take to become a pilot:
- Research Pilot Schools. …
- Take an Introductory Training Flight. …
- Apply for FAA Medical Certificate. …
- Apply for FAA Student Pilot Certificate. …
- Start Flight Training Lessons. …
- Pass Private Pilot Knowledge Test. …
- Pass Private Pilot Practical Exam.
Does Knust offer aviation courses?
Aviation management is a well-designed academic program that helps to introduce students to the core areas of business administration that runs the aviation industry.
What subjects are needed for aviation?
- Air Law. The Aviation industry is thoroughly regulated through law. …
- General Navigation. This subject takes you through what you need to know to get from A to B. …
- Radio Navigation. …
- Performance. …
- Aircraft General Knowledge. …
- Meteorology. …
- Human Performance and Limitations. …
- Principles of Flight.
Which is the best course in aviation?
List of Best Aviation Courses After 12th
|Name of the Course||Duration|
|B.Sc. Aviation||3 years|
|BBA in Airport Management||3 years|
|Diploma in Airfare & Ticketing Management||6 months to 1 year|
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineering (AME)||3 years (including 6 months training)|
How much does it cost to study aviation?
Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi charges about 50 Lacs for the whole course whereas NFTI (National Flight Training Institute) charges roughly about 10 lacs. Even GATI (Government Aviation Training Institute) charges about 50 to 60 Lacs for the completion of the whole course, that is, up to the CPL.