Anywhere from 5-8 days is pretty typical for trips to Egypt, even all the way from North America. I wouldn’t yell at you for coming over and just spending 5 days here, as long as they were 5 full days on the ground. But you’ll want to make sure you hit Cairo and Luxor at a minimum.
How many days should you stay in Egypt?
When it comes to how many days in Egypt, I generally recommend a minimum of two weeks in Egypt—at least if you want to cover a lot of ground in the country.
How many days do you need in Cairo?
3 days is the perfect amount of time to see the city of Cairo. Here are the best of what you’ll see during your 3 days in Cairo.
What can you see in Egypt in 7 days?
How to Spend 7 Days in Egypt – The Ultimate Itinerary
- Day 1 – Arrive in Cairo + Optional evening tour.
- Day 3 – Fly to Luxor for a Nile Cruise // Karnak + Luxor Temples.
- Afternoon – Explore Karnak & Luxor Temples.
- Day 4 – Nile Cruise // Valley of the Kings.
- Day 5 – Nile Cruise // Edfu & Kom Ombo.
- Day 6 – Nile Cruise // Aswan Sightseeing.
- Afternoon – Relax or Do a Tour.
What is the best time of the year to visit Egypt?
Egypt is best visited in the fall (Sept-Nov) and spring (Feb-Apr). The weather is relatively chilly December through January, except in the south, where the winter is very pleasant. The summer is the only time to be avoided for climatic reasons.
What can you not bring to Egypt?
Foreign nationals visiting the country may not enter Egypt carrying any of the following items or prohibited substances:
- Live, frozen or stuffed birds or any bird-derived product.
- Firearms, including sporting guns.
What clothes should I wear in Egypt?
A) Clothes to wear in Egypt
- Shorts or short skirts as you see fit (covering the knee, if possible)
- A couple of T-shirts.
- At least one shirt, blouse, or smart looking top.
- One pair of long trousers.
- A veil/shawl (women only; you can buy it at most souvenir shops as well)
- Swimsuit or bathing suit.
Is food expensive in Cairo?
While meal prices in Cairo can vary, the average cost of food in Cairo is E£57 per day. … Breakfast prices are usually a little cheaper than lunch or dinner. The price of food in sit-down restaurants in Cairo is often higher than fast food prices or street food prices.
Is it expensive to visit Egypt?
Compared with places like Europe, North America, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand, Egypt is cheaper to visit. Traveling through Egypt is similar in price to traveling through Southeast Asia. If you are a budget traveler, you can see and do a lot in Egypt without spending a lot of money.
Is Cairo worth visiting?
In my opinion, Cairo is much more worth it than Sharm… Even if it doesn’t turn out be your favourite place, take it as an authentic experience (unlike Sharm). You certainly will get some hassle, but don’t take it as harassment, it’s just people trying to make a living and not meant as an aggression.
How much money can you bring to Egypt?
The maximum allowed for foreign exchange is (10000) ten thousand US dollars or equivalent of other foreign currencies and allows non-Egyptians to carry the remaining amounts of the condition provided that it was disclosed on arrival and may carry the local currency of the amount of (5) five thousand Egyptian pounds .
Is Egypt safe to visit now?
Do not travel to Egypt due to COVID-19. Reconsider travel due to terrorism, and do not travel to the Sinai Peninsula (with the exception of travel to Sharm El-Sheikh by air) and the Western Desert due to terrorism, and Egyptian border areas due to military zones.
Where should I stay in Egypt for sightseeing?
- Cairo – The Overall Best Place to Stay in Egypt.
- Hurghada – Best Place to Stay in Egypt for Families.
- El Gouna – Where to Stay in Egypt for Couples.
- Cairo – The Coolest Place to Stay in Egypt.
- Aswan – Where to Stay in Egypt on a Budget.
- Luxor – One of the Most Unique Places to Stay in Egypt.
How long is the flight to Egypt?
How long is the flight to Egypt? Flights from London to Cairo, Egypt: 4 hours 40 minutes. Flights from Manchester to Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt: 5 hours 35 minutes. Flights from Birmingham to Hurghada, Egypt: 6 hours 30 minutes.
What is the cheapest month to fly to Egypt?
High season is considered to be November and December. The cheapest month to fly to Egypt is March.
What language is spoken in Egypt?
Modern Standard Arabic