How much does a driving license cost in Kenya?
A driving licence is valid for either one (1) year or three (3) years depending on which one you have paid for. A three-year licence will cost Sh1400 plus a Sh50convinience fee. A one-year licence on the other hand will cost Sh600 and Sh50 convenience fee.
What happens if you fail a driving test in Kenya?
One will not be allowed to take another test before 21 days after failing exams with those who fail theory exams required to retake the entire examination while one who fails a practical exam is required to re-sit the practical within a period not exceeding six months or register afresh and redo the course.
How long does it take to get a driving license in Kenya?
It takes about 3 weeks to get your smart driving license after your bio metrics have been taken.
How long does Driving Test results take?
NTSA Driving Test Results
Results will be released about 12 hours after doing the test. Login to the NTSA Ecitizen portal, if it is written LICENSED you have passed the test. Mine was licensed the same evening after doing the test.
What is the next step after passing driving test in Kenya?
Once you pass the driving test, you may apply for issuance of a driving licence. Licence holders may also apply for the new smart licence. The process for applying for a smart licence is as follows: Log into the TIMS NTSA portal https://tims.ntsa.go.ke.
What are the classes of driving Licence in Kenya?
The categories are divided into 7 groups: A, B, C, D, E, F & G. Categories A to D are further subdivided into different classes while categories E to G define special driving classes. Below is a list of tables of all the new categories along with their descriptions and minimum requirements.
What is TIMS account?
TIMS (Transport Integrated Management System) is an online platform created to enable citizens to access NTSA (National Transport & Safety Authority) services conveniently.
How can I get interim driving Licence in Kenya?
When applying for an interim driving license in Kenya, you will have to incur a charge of Kshs 750. Interim driving license can be applied through the Citizen Platform provided by the government. You will be required to pay a certain fee to facilitate the application for the Interim License.
How do you master a model town board?
Rules of the Model Town Board
- Always use the shortest route.
- If you must use the longest route, make sure that it is correct.
- Use parking as the last option.
- Always give way to vehicles coming from the right side in the roundabout.
- Always park from the furthest side of the parking.
How do I know if my smart DL is ready in Kenya?
If and when you want to check if your Driving license is ready;
- Log into your eCitizen account.
- Select NTSA tab.
- Then select on check status.
- You will then get a notification regarding whether your License is prepared or not.
What to do after you’ve passed your driving test?
Let’s look at the things you should do after you have passed your driving test.
- Listen to your Examiner and Instructor One Last Time. …
- Receiving Driving Licence. …
- Thank Your Driving Instructor. …
- Cancel Your Learner Insurance. …
- Get Full Car Insurance. …
- Your Vehicle Tax. …
- P-Plates. …
- The First Drive.
How do I get a smart driving Licence in Kenya?
How To Apply For a Smart Driving Licence in Kenya
- Register on TIMS. Create an account on NTSA TIMS platform, if you have an account, all you have to do is log in. …
- Once you have created an account with TIMS, go back to tims.ntsa.go.ke and sign in. …
- The ‘Apply for smart DL’ page houses your current Driving licence details. …
- Payment. …
- Book an appointment with NTSA.
How do I make sure I pass my driving test?
Top 10 Tips to Pass Your Driving Test
- Find the right instructor for you. …
- Always look for learning opportunities. …
- ‘Show me, Tell me’ questions. …
- Driving test routes. …
- Practice, practice and practice some more. …
- Revisit your theory. …
- Mock test. …
- Stay calm and don’t panic.
How do I book a test drive?
How to book a test drive
- Book a test drive online.
- Visit a dealer.
- Try an extended test drive.
- Look for test drive offers.
- Don’t get carried away.
- Try your local car hire depot.
- Test it properly.
What is test booking?
When an applicant is satisfied that he can take a driving test, he shall be required to book for a test stating the date, time and location he would like to go for the driving test. A test booking certificate shall be issued upon payment of the prescribed fee.