The Kenyan business law requires that all businesses get licenses and permits before they can start operating. You will need a Single Business Permit which you can get from county government offices. A single business permit for a motorcycle spare parts business goes for Ksh 5,000.
Is motorcycle spare parts business profitable in Kenya?
The business is currently one of the most lucrative and fastest growing in the East African nation as traders open motorcycle spare parts shops to satisfy rising demand for the products. … One can count up to five shops dealing with the products in most market centres in Kenya.
How do you start a motorcycle spare parts shop?
To start a small Motorbike Spare Parts Shop, you will require:
- Stock – Ksh. 30,000.
- Premises – Ksh. 5,000.
- Renovation – Ksh. 4,000.
- Licensing – Ksh. 5,000.
- Marketing – Ksh. 5,000.
How do I start a motorcycle business in Kenya?
How to Start a Profitable Bodaboda Business in Kenya
- Identify a Business Niche. The boda boda business comprises of motorcycles and tuk-tuks. …
- Draft a Business Plan. …
- Raise Startup Capital. …
- Get the Best Motorcycle Dealer. …
- Get the Necessary Licenses. …
- Get Insurance. …
- Select a Suitable Business Location. …
- Motorcycle Fleet Business in Kenya.
How much does it cost to start a motorcycle spare business in Kenya?
Cost of Starting a Motorcycle Spare Parts Business in Kenya
You can start a small motorbike spare parts business with Ksh 300,000 startup capital. You will need over Ksh 1 million to start a large business.
How do I start my own spare business?
10 Steps to Start an Automobile Spare Parts Business
- Choose a Profitable Automobile Spare Parts Business Idea. …
- Create a Business Project Plan. …
- Conduct the Market Research. …
- Understand the Industry. …
- Calculate the Cost of Starting an Automobile Spare Parts Shop. …
- Ensure a Retail Location. …
- Licensing & Registration Issue.
How do I start my own motorcycle company?
legal procedure to start a motorcycle manufacturing company
- First build a prototype of the motorcycle in your garage.
- Later have a road test done.
- If the motorcycle prototype if functional and has been certfied by an automobile engineer as road Worthy then get it’s parent registered.
- Later you can get bank loan and start your own manufacturing company.
What are the spare parts of bike?
- Bike Front Mudguard.
- Bike Side Panel.
- Bike Engine.
- Bike Chain Cover.
- Motorcycle Handlebars.
- Bike Rear Mudguard.
- Motorcycle Backrest.
- Bike Light.
How do I start a motorcycle repair shop?
Start a motorcycle shop by following these 9 steps:
- STEP 1: Plan your business. …
- STEP 2: Form a legal entity. …
- STEP 3: Register for taxes. …
- STEP 4: Open a business bank account & credit card. …
- STEP 5: Set up business accounting. …
- STEP 6: Obtain necessary permits and licenses. …
- STEP 7: Get business insurance.
How can I sell my motorcycle parts online?
The most effective way to sell motorcycle parts is using online platforms like eBay, Craigslist, Facebook Marketplace, and CycleTrader. It’s important to clean and prep your parts appropriately. You’ll also need to make sure you take several pictures at different angles.
How much does a motorbike earn per day in Kenya?
According to the Motorcycle Assemblers association of Kenya (MAAK), there are currently over 600,000 Boda Boda bikes on Kenyan roads that make an approximate amount of Sh. 1000 per day. This means that in a day, Boda Boda business riders take home Sh.
How much do motorbikes cost?
A new motorcycle can cost anywhere from $4,000 to $6,000 for an entry-level model to $30,000 and up for very high-end bikes. Most motorcycles are priced somewhere in between. For the majority of styles, you’ll find a lot of awesome models clustered in the $6,000 to $15,000 range.
Is Bodaboda business profitable?
Is Boda Boda Business Profitable in Kenya? Yes. In fact it is a source of livelihood for many families in Kenya. You can start small and grow your business over time.