The Applicant must have in his/her possession an application for a Special Title, Statutory declaration attached to application duly filled, signed by the applicant and witnessed by a Commissioner for Oaths and two Passport photographs of the person requesting for the Special Certificate of Title.
How can I check my land title in Uganda?
Land Title Verification
- Physical Address. The Investment Centre First Floor, Twed Plaza Plot 22B Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda.
- Phone and Email. Call Centre: +256 206 300968. Toll Free: +256 800 300 336/366. Front Office: +256 417 788 300. WhatsApp: +256 750 306 880. Email: email@example.com.
- Post Mail. P.O Box 7418 Kampala, Uganda.
How long does it take to process a land title in Uganda?
Processing time may be three (3) to four (4) weeks; however when the new digitalized process of the lands office is completed, chasing a land title will be taking minutes instead of weeks.
What is a special certificate of title?
A special title is certificate of land title issued to the registered proprietor by registrar where his/her/their copy /duplicate (owners) is lost, damaged or ordered by court. Attach two passport photographs of the person applying for the Special Certificate of Title.
How much does it cost to process a land title in Uganda?
Fees paid at the Ministry: Registration fees – 10,000; Assurance of Title – 20,000/=; issuance of the Title – 20,000/=.
How do I transfer land title to my name?
THE ULTIMATE CHECKLIST AND STEPS FOR LAND TITLE TRANSFER
- The Tax ID No of both buyer and seller.
- Notarized Deed of Absolute Sale (DAS)-1 Original copy + 2 photocopies.
- If you are transferring a house or lot – Transfer Certificate of Title (TCT)-duplicate copy.
How do I verify a land title?
The Register of Deeds should be able to provide you a “Certified True Copy” of the title to ensure its authenticity. Request the seller of the property to give you a photocopy of the title since the Register of Deeds will need information such as the title number and the owner’s name.
What is a free hold land in Uganda?
The 1998 Uganda Land Act defines ‘freehold tenure’ as a land tenure that develops its legitimacy from the Constitution and the written law. Freehold tenure might comprise of a grant of land ownership in eternity. The Land Act specifies that the freehold land holder has full powers of ownership over it.
What is a freehold land title?
Freehold. Freehold ownership means that you own the land and house outright, with no space co-owned or co-managed with owners of adjacent homes. You are also solely responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of your property, and the property taxes associated with it.
How do I get a freehold land title in Uganda?
A person who wishes to be granted a freehold shall apply by picking application Form 8 from the District Land Office or Area Land Committee, fill it, and attach 4 passport photos. The Area Land Committee receives the Application and issues a notice for a public hearing concerning ownership of that land using Form 10.
How do I find land in Uganda?
- Make a written Request for a search addressed to the Commissioner, Land. Registration giving the description of the Land:
- The application is presented to the Office of Commissioner Land Registration. …
- The bearer pays that amount in the bank and obtains a receipt that is presented to the Land Office. …
- 7096 Kampala, Uganda.
How land is owned in Uganda?
There are presently four types of land tenure systems in Uganda; customary, mailo, freehold and leasehold. Leasehold is a system where land is held based on an agreement between lessor and the lessee. … The land can be owned by an individual, a family or a community, and is the most dominant system in Uganda.
What is the purpose of land registration?
Registration creates a clear record of ownership which clearly sets out any matters that affect the property, such as rights of way and restrictive covenants. Registration provides greater protection against claims for ‘Adverse Possession’, more commonly known as squatting and makes them easier to defeat.