Alien card in Kenya are issued by the Kenyan government through the immigration department. All immigration services in Kenya are done online through the government of Kenya single sign on portal. Alien card enables foreigners to obtain Kenya revenue authority pin certificate in Kenya.
What is alien card Kenya?
Foreign Nationals Certificate (Alien Card) Application
Registration of foreign nationals is governed by the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act of 2011 part VII (56) 2 laws of Kenya. The law requires that all foreigners resident within Kenya for a period exceeding 90 days be registered.
How do I get an Alien ID in Kenya?
You need to:
- Create a log in account within the Government of Kenya Single Sign On portal.
- Log in using the account you have created above to access eFNS portal.
- Once logged in the eFNS portal, select the “Apply now” Link.
- Click on the “Submit Applications” tab and select the Foreign National tab.
How much does an alien ID cost in Kenya?
6. (1) A registered alien shall upon payment of a fee of two thousand shillings, be issued with a certificate of registration, but a certificate of registration shall be issued to a recognized refugee to Kenya free of charge.
Can a foreigner get an ID in Kenya?
In Kenya, the law requires that all foreign nationals residing in Kenya for a period exceeding 90 days be registered. This applies to anyone who isn’t a Kenyan citizen or isn’t regarded as a Kenyan citizen by law – if he/she revoked their Kenyan citizenship.
Can a foreigner get a KRA PIN?
A foreigner can only get individual and company Personal Identification Numbers (PIN) directly from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) if they have foreign national registration certificate (an alien card).
How can a foreigner become a Kenyan citizen?
A person who has been lawfully resident in Kenya for a continuous period of at least seven years, and who satisfies the conditions prescribed by an Act of Parliament, may apply to be registered as a citizen.
How long does police clearance certificate take in Kenya?
A certificate of good conduct in all parts of Kenya takes one to two weeks to be provided to a person who has applied.
How can I renew my alien ID in Kenya?
Below are the requirements for renewal of Aliens Cards:
- Form 50 filled and signed (Alien Registration Form 50)
- Copy of your current Entry Permit/ Pass (Dependent Pass holders must also provide a copy of the Spouse’s permit, passport endorsement of the permit as well as a copy of the Spouse’s passport bio-page)
How can I get permanent residence in Kenya?
Permanent Residency through Marriage (to a Kenyan Citizen or a Permanent Residence Holder)
- Write an Application letter to state that you are applying for Permanent Residence via marriage to a Kenyan Citizen/ Permanent Residence Holder. …
- Duly Form 23 filled (form 23a- Permanent Residence).
How long does it take to get an alien card in Kenya?
The issuing of the Foreign National Certificate is usually after two weeks after submission of the application documents to the immigration offices. You shall receive automatic notifications via email and on your online account about the progress of your application.
How do I replace my national ID in Kenya?
How To Apply for a Lost ID Replacement
- Go to the nearest Huduma Centre Registration of persons Desk.
- You will be directed to take a police abstract at their desk.
- With your abstract in your procession, present it to registration of persons desk.
- Fill the ID replacement form appropriately.
How do you get an alien card?
Apply for a Green Card
If you are eligible, file Form I-485 – Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status with USCIS, including all supporting documents and fees. USCIS will review your application and schedule an interview with you. Once issued, your Green Card will be valid for 10 years.
Who is not allowed to have dual citizenship in Kenya?
(1) A person is not eligible for election or appointment to a State office unless the person is a citizen of Kenya. (2) A State officer or a member of the defence forces shall not hold dual citizenship.
Does Kenya allow dual nationality?
Declaration of Dual Citizenship
The current constitution unlike the previous one, allows for dual citizenship. A Kenyan citizen who acquires citizenship of any other country after 27th, August 2010 does not lose Kenyan citizenship.
What is a person from Kenya called?
The Kenyan People
The majority of Kenyans belong to ‘Bantu’ tribes such as the Kikuyu, Luhya and Kamba. … The ‘Hamitic’ people include the Turkana, Rendille and Samburu. Around 13% of the population are of non-African descent, i.e. Indian, Arab and European.