New SIM card registrations with biometric ID number resume in Nigeria. Nigeria’s federal government has lifted a ban on the registration of new SIM cards, with the biometrics-based national identification number (NIN) now a prerequisite for the exercise, the Nigerian Tribune reports.
How do I check if my MTN SIM is registered?
How To Check Your Sim Card Registration Details
- Using the Simcard you want to verify, dial *400#
- Wait for some few seconds for the result to load.
- If registered properly, you’d see your name in full appear on the next page with other information about how to correct wrong registration details.
How do I register my Airtel SIM card in Nigeria?
Register Your Sim Do It Yourself
- · USSD Menu: Dial *386# for new activations.
- · SMS: Send HELP to 38600 for already exiting customers.
When should you get a new SIM card?
When you have a SIM card older than a year, we recommend to get a new SIM card from your provider. If you use a SIM card adapter, please request a new SIM card with your provider of the proper size (FP1: Mini-SIM card, FP2: Micro SIM card). Do not put an empty adapter back in the SIM port since it can get stuck.
How do you check if your SIM is registered?
If you want to confirm whether or not your phone number is properly registered, here are the numbers to dial:
- MTN – dial *789*1#
- Airtel – dial *746#
- 9mobile – dial 746 or 200.
- Glo – text REG to 746 or 3456.
How can I know my SIM registration name?
To check the registered name by USSD, you need to dial *922#. Then you will get the display notification of the SIM registered name.
How can I register my sim online?
Register your SIM card online
- Download SIM Card registration form.
- Fill in it according to the instructions below: Use a black pen and capital letters (uppercase). Put the letters in the squares (one square for each letter) …
- Upload the form and send it according to the instructions below: Scan the form and save it on PDF. Save it using your name.
How much is a SIM card in Nigeria?
You should buy a SIM card in one of their SIM Card Registration Centers (list). It should not cost more than ₦ 200-300.
How do I link my MTN sim to my NIN?
Link NIN to MTN Number
Dial *785# using the phone number you wish to link, enter your NIN and submit or dial *785*Your NIN# from the phone number you wish to link. The number will be linked to your NIN automatically. You can also visit https://mtnonline.com/nin/ or download MyMTN App to submit your NIN details.
How much does a new SIM card cost?
Activation Fees & SIM Card Costs: All Phone Companies Compared
|Activation Fees||SIM Card Prices|
|Consumer Cellular No activation fees||No cost SIM|
|CREDO Mobile $36 activation fee||No cost SIM|
|Cricket $25 activation fee Free activation if completed online||$9.99 for SIM kits|
|FreedomPop $9.99 activation fee||$9.99 for SIM kits|
What happens if you take out your SIM card and put it in another phone?
You can take the SIM card out, put it into another phone, and if someone calls your number, the new phone will ring. … If the SIM card and phone serial number don’t match, the phone simply won’t work. The SIM card won’t work in other phones, and the phone won’t work with other SIM cards.
Do SIM cards expire?
When you activate a prepaid subscriber identity module, or “SIM,” card for a phone, the call, text and Internet credit you purchase expires after a certain period of time, as specified by the mobile carrier. The SIM card itself never expires, as the SIM serves only to allow the handset to identify the cellular network.
How can I register my MTN Sim myself?
Steps To Register Your MTN SIM Card In Ghana
- Visit any nearby MTN authorized agent.
- Provide your new MTN SIM card.
- Provide your ID and the necessary documents.
- Your data will be processed and get your MTN SIM card registered.
- After successful registration of your MTN SIM Card, the agent will then hand your SIM card to you.
What is SIM registration?
The Subscriber Identity Module (SIM) registration initiative – which required all mobile phone subscribers to register their SIM cards with their respective mobile network operators – was designed to capture the identity of mobile phone subscribers for identity and security management.