What is the most common name in Nigeria?
Most Popular First Names In Nigeria
What are some Nigerian names?
Nigerian Baby Names
What are Yoruba names?
Yoruba Names For Girls And Their Meaning
- Adebisi. Meaning: Added to the crown.
- Abeni. Meaning: We asked for her,behold, we got her.
- Adedamola. Meaning: The crown is mixed with riches.
- Adelola. Meaning: The crown brings honour.
- Abifoluwa. Meaning: Born for the Lord.
- Adepeju. Meaning: The crown is full of honour.
- Araoluwa. Meaning: The wonder of God.
Is I made a Yoruba name?
A user from Nigeria says the name Imade is of Yoruba origin and means “I am to be crowned”. A submission from Nigeria says the name Imade means “I did not do evil” and is of English origin.
What is Nigeria’s nickname?
Nigeria, officially named the Federal Republic of Nigeria, is a diverse West African country. Nicknamed the “Giant of Africa,” Nigeria is home to hundreds of different ethnicities, languages and butterfly species.
What was the first name given to Nigeria?
The former name for Nigeria was the Royal Niger Company Territories. It does not sound like a country name at all! The name Nigeria was replaced and preserved up until today. Still, it was not a name for a nation, but merely a name of the territory.
What is a good Nigerian name?
Common Nigerian names – English
- Blessing. Mercy. Favour. Joy. …
- Precious. Peace. Marvelous. Gift. …
- Divine. Victor. Victoria. Victory. …
- Blossom. Hope. Alice. Jenny. …
- Sandra. Happiness. Paul. Paulina. …
- Queen. Princess. King. Prince. …
- Faith. Joyce. Patience. Gloria. …
- Common Nigerian names from the different ethnic groups in Nigeria. Michael. Emmanuel.
What does EFE mean in Nigerian?
Efe is an uncommon Turkish boy’s name which means ‘older brother’. It is also a shortened variant of the Nigerian boy’s name Efetobore meaning ‘wealth has now been achieved’ and a pet form of the Greek name Euphemia, meaning ‘to speak well’.
What is the longest African name?
Viddawood ran into one of Nigeria’s most treasured wonders of nature in human form. He is a phenomenal actor and comedian, Ovuvuevuevue Enyetuenwuevue Ugbemugbem Osas. Wonder if I am speaking in tongues?
What does Kiki mean in Yoruba?
Kiki. The mercy of God never moves/fades.
What does Bola mean in Yoruba?
MEANING: This name derives from the African (Yorùbá) name “Bolanle”, composed of three elements: “bo” (come, coming) plus “ǫlà” (riches, wealth) plus “ilé” (home). In turn the name means “finds wealth at home, meets wealth at home”.
What does Bola mean in Nigerian?
According to a user from Nigeria, the name Bola is of Nigerian origin and means “The name literally means wealth”.
What are common Yoruba names?
These names include Ayinla, Ajoke, Alao, Akano, Asabi, Ajani, Akanmu, Amope, Anike, Abike, Abake, Alao, Adio, Akanni, Amoke, Arike, Akano, Agbeke, Ajin-un, Alake, Awero, Abebi, Abeun, Aremu, Alani, Ayinke, Ìshọ̀lá.
What does ejide mean in Yoruba?
Meaning : The rains are here.
What does okunola mean in Yoruba?
okunola translates to “” in English. It is common with the tribe in Nigeria and primarily used by Males.