|Registration of Business name||Kshs 950||1 day|
|Limited Liability Partnership||Kshs 25000||1 day|
|Private Limited Company||Kshs 10650||3-5 days|
|Public Limited Company||Kshs 10650||3-5 days|
How do I register a small business in Kenya?
How to register a business name in Kenya online
- Step 1 – Log into your eCitizen portal. Go to the eCitizen portal and key in your username/email and password.
- Step 2 – Submit your business name. …
- Step 3 – Payment procedure. …
- Step 4 – Get confirmation of name registration.
What is needed to register a company in Kenya?
Required Documents 7 Natural persons Legal persons expand_more expand_less
- Passport photo. 1 2.
- Signed company registration form -CR1. …
- Signed memorandum of a company with share capital-CR2. …
- Signed notice of registered address-CR8. …
- Signed statement of nominal capital. …
- PIN certificate. …
- Passport photo.
How much does it cost to register a sole proprietorship in Kenya?
You will need to login to your eCitizen account and fill the forms with all your information required. You will be required to pay for the registration fees of Ksh. 850 on the website.
How do I register a company in Kenya 2020?
how to register a business in Kenya 2020
- Business Name Search and ecitizen business registration. With our help the applicant shall be required to propose five desired name to the Registrar of Companies in Kenya for company registration.
- Memorandum and Articles of Association. …
- Stamp duty Payment. …
- Company Registration in Kenya forms.
How long does a business name registration take?
A Business Name registration will take an average of 3 days to process.
How long does it take to register a business in Kenya?
The application process takes about 1-2 working days for approval. You will thus have to log in into your eCitizen portal after 48 hours again to check for your approval. This means choosing the ‘Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice’ tab.
What are the documents required for registration of a company?
Documents Required for Company Registration
- Election Card or Voter Identity Card.
- Ration Card.
- Driving License.
- Electricity Bill.
- Telephone Bill.
- Aadhaar Card.
What are the steps of registering a company?
How to Register a Company in India?
- Step 1: Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) …
- Step 2: Director Identification Number (DIN) …
- Step 3: Registration on the MCA Portal. …
- Step 4: Certificate of Incorporation.
How much does it cost to register a Ltd company?
It costs £12 and can be paid by debit or credit card or Paypal account. Your company is usually registered within 24 hours. If you do not want to use ‘limited’ in your company name you must register by post.
Does a sole proprietor pay taxes in Kenya?
As a sole proprietor you must report all business income or losses on your personal income tax return. … The law does not require the owners of sole proprietorships to file separate tax returns.
Do Sole proprietors need to register for VAT?
Any business (whether a CC, a company, a partnership or a sole proprietor) has various tax obligations it must meet. … Your business must register as a VAT vendor if its income earned in any consecutive 12-month period exceeds the prescribed threshold.
How long does it take to register a sole proprietorship in Kenya?
You will also pay the registration fees via mobile money. The eCitizen process of registering a sole proprietorship business in Kenya will take 3 to 5 business days depending on the workload at eCitizen.
What is the first thing to do when starting a business?
- Conduct market research. Market research will tell you if there’s an opportunity to turn your idea into a successful business. …
- Write your business plan. …
- Fund your business. …
- Pick your business location. …
- Choose a business structure. …
- Choose your business name. …
- Register your business. …
- Get federal and state tax IDs.
How do I change ownership of a business in Kenya?
How to change the name of a Business Name Registration in Kenya.
- Search and reservation of the proposed name. …
- Application for change of Particulars. …
- Form BN4 is filled and the proposed reserved name attached thereto.
- The registrar shall Change the name of the Business and issue a Certificate of Change of Name.
How long does it take to open a limited company in Kenya?
The registration process usually takes 2 weeks or less depending on company registry workload and processing speed, your requirements availability and readiness with payment required for eCitizen registration fees.