Among the African countries, Seychelles has the highest literacy rate whereas Burkina Faso, Niger, South Sudan and Mali are amongst the countries having lowest literacy rate.
What country is number 1 in literacy?
Making 100% Literacy Rates Happen
- High educational standards are seen in countries all around the world, but the literacy rate in some countries, like Andorra, Luxembourg, Norway, Liechtenstein and a few others can’t be ignored. …
- Andorra is one such country with virtually 100% of its populace being literate.
Which African country has the best education?
In 2017, the World Economic Forum rated Kenya’s education system as the strongest on the African continent. In 2018, the World Bank ranked Kenya the top African country for education outcomes (1st out of 43 mainland countries).
What African nation has a literacy rate of 85%?
Zimbabwe (85%) and Lesotho (79%) are the countries with the highest literacy rates, followed by Cameroon (63%), Uganda (58%), and Nigeria (55%).
Which country has highest literacy 2020?
Top 10 Countries With Highest Literacy Rate
- South Korea. …
- United State of America. …
- Canada. …
- Australia. …
- United Kingdom. …
- New Zealand. New Zealand has a literacy rate of 99.00% with a population of 4.78 million. …
- Japan. Japan has a literacy rate of 99.00% with a population of 126,860,301. …
- Israel. Israel has a literacy rate of 91.75% with a population of 8,519,377.
What country has a 100 literacy rate?
1. North Korea. Isolated from the world, North Korea has topped the list for the highest literacy rate of 100%. With a growth rate of 0.46%, the country has developed over the years to boost the literacy rate.
Which country has lowest literacy rate?
|Countries||Overall Literacy Rate||Male Literacy|
|Central African Republic||36.8%||50.7%|
What is the poorest country in Africa?
The ten poorest countries in Africa, with their GDP per capita, are: Somalia ($500) Central African Republic ($681) Democratic Republic of the Congo ($785)
Poorest Countries In Africa 2021.
|GDP (IMF ’19)||$61.03 Bn|
|GDP (UN ’16)||–|
What is the friendliest African country?
Morocco is the country in Africa that is considered to be the friendliest to its tourists, followed by Senegal and then Burkina Faso.
Ranked: African countries that are the most welcoming to tourists.
|Africa Ranking||Country||World Ranking|
What’s the safest African country?
10 of the Safest Places to Visit in Africa in 2020/2021
- Rwanda. Rwanda is arguably the safest country in Africa, which is immediately apparent upon arrival in the relaxed and sophisticated capital Kigali. …
- Botswana. …
- Mauritius. …
- Namibia. …
- Seychelles. …
- Ethiopia. …
- Morocco. …
What is Africa’s leading religion?
Alongside Christianity, Islam is the most significant religion on the continent. Nearly half (47%) of Africans are Muslims, comprising a quarter (potentially as high as a third, according to some estimates) of the entire global Muslim population.
What is Africa’s literacy rate?
The global literacy rate for all males is 90.0%, and the rate for all females is 82.7%. The rate varies throughout the world, with developed nations having a rate of 99.2% (2013), South and West Asia having 70.2% (2015), and sub-Saharan Africa at 64.0% (2015).
What are the 10 largest nations in Africa?
Here is a list of the top ten largest countries in square miles:
- Sudan (728,022 square miles)
- Libya (679,192 square miles)
- Chad (495,624 square miles)
- Niger (489,062 square miles)
- Angola (481,226 square miles)
- Mali (478,714 square miles)
- South Africa (47,320 square miles)
- Ethiopia (426, 260 square miles)
Which country is highly educated?
Japan is one of the most literate nations in the world and half of the population (50.50 percent) are educated adults. Number 1: Canada. This country tops the list as the most educated in the world, with 56.27 percent of adults having earned some kind of higher education.
Where does the US rank in literacy?
Information on literacy, while not a perfect measure of educational results, is probably the most easily available and valid for international comparisons.” The World Factbook reports that the U.S. has a literacy rate of 99 percent, and is number 28 of the 214 nations included.
Which country has the most educated population?
These are the countries with the most educated populations.
- Canada. Percent of population age 25-64 with tertiary education: 57.89.
- Russia. Percent of population age 25-64 with tertiary education (2017): 56.70. …
- Japan. …
- Israel. …
- South Korea. …
- United States. …
- Ireland. …
- United Kingdom. …