|Abimbola||Born to be wealthy||African|
|Abiodun||Nigerian name given to one born during war.||African|
|Abiola||Nigerian name given to one born during the New Year.||African|
|Abiona||Born on a journey||African|
What is the most popular name in Africa?
The most popular names in South Africa right now
- Enzokuhle (“Do good” in isiZulu) was the most popular name for baby girls and boys in South Africa in 2017, according to data from Statistics SA.
- Dlamini was the most common surname for both sexes followed by Nkosi and Ndlovu.
- More boys were born in 2017 than girls.
What is a good African boy name?
Popular & Unique African Baby Boy Names with Meanings
- Abasi. It is the name of Swahili origin. …
- Abebe. It is a name that has its roots in the Ethiopian culture. …
- Abrafo. This beautiful Ghanaian name is very rare and unique. …
- Adama. It is a Gambian variant of the name Adam. …
- Adan. …
- Addo. …
- Adisa. …
What are good African girl names?
Read on to follow the list of the trending cute and unique African names for baby girls.
- Adah. A Hebrew origin name, Adah means ‘a beautiful ornament. …
- Aaliyah. One of the most popular names across the country, Aaliyah is simply wonderful! …
- Audre. …
- Adaliya. …
- Adelaide. …
- Alyssa. …
- Aurelia. …
What is the African name for beautiful?
Jamila/h: With or without the h, we’re all about this African name for girl’s name meaning “beautiful.”
What is the rarest name?
30 Of The Rarest Baby Names
- 8 Rosalind.
- 7 Indigo.
- 6 Shepherd.
- 5 Georgiana.
- 4 Chester.
- 3 Indra.
- 2 Baxter.
- 1 Pax.
What is the nickname of Africa?
Alkebu-lan “mother of mankind” or “garden of eden” This is the real and true Africa feeling. Alkebulan is the oldest and the only word of indigenous origin. It was used by the Moors, Nubians, Numidians, Khart-Haddans (Carthagenians), and Ethiopians.
What name means queen in African?
The name Thema is primarily a female name of African – Akan of Ghana origin that means Queen.
What is the African name for love?
Mahaba (mah-ha-bah) – ‘love’
Mahaba means the noun ‘love’, and its derivative mapenzi is also a popular name for baby girls.
What are traditional African names?
- Monday – Kojo (male), Adwoa (female)
- Tuesday – Kwabena (male), Abena (female)
- Wednesday – Kwaku (male), Ekua (female)
- Thursday – Yaw (male), Yaa (female)
- Friday – Kofi (male), Efua (female)
- Saturday – Kwame (male), Ama (female)
- Sunday – Akwesi (male), Akosua, (female)
What is a unique girl name?
If you would like something pretty sounding, these unique baby girl names will fit the bill.
- Annalise. A combination of the name Anna and Lise, it’s simple, pretty, and unique.
- Brigitta. …
- Charmaine. …
- Constance. …
- Geneviève. …
- Lorelei. …
- Lucinda. …
What is a unique black girl name?
Unique Black Girl Names
|1. Afyia||Born on Friday|
|3. Ayana||Eternal Blossom or Beautiful Flower|
What African name means hope?
Raza: Of African origin and means ‘hope. ‘
What does beauty mean in African?
True African beauty is about taking pride in your own body. in Africa the big phenomena is about being curvaceous, thus implying your sensuality as a women. Also Africa beauty is captured through the ethnic traditions that emphasize how one should embrace the human form with body adornment and ornamentation.
Is Imani a black name?
Imani is an African name.
What name means gift from God?
Gracious Baby Names That Mean Gift From God
- Adiel. Meaning: Hebrew for God sent.
- Anana. Meaning: Greek for “Given by God”
- Corbon. Meaning: Hebrew for “Offered from God”
- Donato. Meaning: Italian for “Gift from God”
- Dorek. Meaning: Polish for “God’s Gift.
- Elsi. Meaning: Greek for “God’s satisfaction sent to earth”
- Gaddiel. Meaning: Hebrew for “Fortune from God”