The average neurosurgeon gross salary in South Africa is R3,243,634 or an equivalent hourly rate of R1,559. In addition, they earn an average bonus of R780,094. Salary estimates based on salary survey data collected directly from employers and anonymous employees in South Africa.
What is a neurosurgeon monthly salary?
How Much Do Neurosurgeon Jobs Pay per Month?
|Annual Salary||Monthly Pay|
What is the average starting salary for a neurosurgeon?
Average salary for neurosurgeons
In the United States, the typical salary range for neurosurgeons starts at $14,000 per year and reaches $393,000 per year. Experience level, employer and geographic location are some of the biggest factors that affect neurosurgeons’ earning potential.
How many neurosurgeons are in South Africa?
The distribution of these neurosurgeons shows a striking regional disparity: North Africa has 354 neurosurgeons for 119 million inhabitants; that is, one neurosurgeon for 338,000 inhabitants; and South Africa has 65 neurosurgeons for 40 million inhabitants; that is, one neurosurgeon for 620,000 inhabitants.
Is a neurosurgeon the highest paying job?
The following are the top ten highest paid specialties in 2019, according to Doximity.
Highest paying medical specialties in 2019.
Where do neurosurgeons get paid the most 2020?
Our research found that North Dakota is the best state for neurosurgeons, while Minnesota and North Dakota are ranked highest in terms of median salary. North Dakota has a median salary of $217,042 and Minnesota has the highest median salary among all 50 states for neurosurgeons.
Which branch of doctor is best?
- Cardiologists: $314,000.
- Anesthesiologists: $309,000.
- Urologists: $309,000.
- Gastroenterologists: $303,000.
- Oncologists: $295,000.
- Dermatologists: $283,000.
- Plastic surgeons: $270,000.
- Ophthalmologists: $270,000.
Who is the richest neurosurgeon?
Dr Sanjay Gupta – Net worth $4.5 million. Neurosurgeon/media personality, Dr Sanjay Gupta is CNN’s chief medical correspondent and hosts his own health programme. He has also regularly appeared on Larry King Live and Anderson Cooper’s show.
Can a neurosurgeon make millions?
In total, 496 physicians at these organizations earned more than $1 million a year. … In 2017, for example, 15 doctors at Rutgers University in New Jersey earned more than $1 million, with the highest paid doctor, a neurosurgeon, earning $2.9 million.
What is the highest paid doctor?
Top 19 highest-paying doctor jobs
- Surgeon. …
- Dermatologist. …
- Orthopedist. …
- Urologist. …
- Neurologist. National average salary: $237,309 per year. …
- Orthodontist. National average salary: $259,163 per year. …
- Anesthesiologist. National average salary: $328,526 per year. …
- Cardiology physician. National average salary: $345,754 per year.
Who is the best neurosurgeon in South Africa?
- Dr. George Zwonnikoff. Neurosurgeon. 45 reviews. …
- Dr. Marousio Zorio. Neurosurgeon. 30 reviews. …
- Dr. E Van Graan. Neurosurgeon. 6 reviews. …
- Dr. Versal Karan. Neurosurgeon. 6 reviews. …
- Dr. Carl Van Heerden. Neurosurgeon. 8 reviews. …
- Dr. Frank Snyckers. Neurosurgeon. 4 reviews. …
- Dr. Johan Wasserman. Neurosurgeon. …
- Dr. Jacques Sceltema. Neurosurgeon.
How many years does it take to be a neurosurgeon in South Africa?
– Theoretical training: 5 years. – Student internship: 1 year. – Practical work at a hospital: 1 year (also known as the house doctor year). Post-graduate study for specialization as a neurologist: MMed or FCP(SA): 4 years – e.g. UCT, UFS, US, UL,UP, Wits.
How many black neurosurgeons are in South Africa?
Currently South Africa has only five Black African neurosurgeons and it is believed more black females will be inspired to reach the ceilings of their dreams through Shezi’s accomplishment.
What is the hardest doctor to become?
Competitive programs that are the most difficult to match into include:
- Cardiac and Thoracic Surgery.
- General Surgery.
- Orthopedic Surgery.
- Plastic Surgery.
What is the most high paying surgeon job?
- Neurosurgeon. Neurosurgery is the highest-paid specialty in the medical profession. …
- Invasive Cardiology. …
- Orthopedic Surgery. …
- Gastroenterology. …
- Radiology. …
- Urology. …
- Dermatology. …
- Plastic/ Reconstructive Surgery.
What is the lowest salary for a doctor?
The 10 Lowest-Paid Specialties
Family Medicine $236,000 (up 1%) Public Health & Preventive Medicine $237,000 (up 2%) Diabetes & Endocrinology $245,000 (up 4%) Infectious Disease $245,000 (steady)