In South Africa you need to be 18 years or older to rent a car and must have held a valid driver license for a year. If you are younger than 25 a Young Drivers Surcharge will be applied. This will automatically be added to your quote when booking online.
What you need to hire a car in South Africa?
Renters must be in possession of a valid unendorsed driver’s licence. The minimum age is 18 years and driver’s licence must have been valid for a minimum of 1 year. It is a legal requirement in RSA to be in possession of your drivers licence at all times whilst driving a vehicle.
What are the requirements to hire a car?
Car rental requirements
- Valid driver’s licence which has been valid for at least three years with a minimum age of 21 years old.
- A credit card to make the payment and hold a deposit.
Can you rent a car without a major credit card?
To reserve a vehicle without a major credit card, please contact the local renting location directly. At the time of rental, a debit card must be presented with available credit, in the renter’s name. In addition to the anticipated cost of the rental, an additional security deposit may be required.
How much does it cost to rent a car in South Africa?
On average a car hire in South Africa costs R8 624 per month (R287 per day).
Who is the cheapest car rental company?
Like Hotwire, Priceline car rentals list opaque rates as the lowest options in many U.S. cities. Although Hotwire posted lower ones more often, Priceline was a winner in some cases. So if you’re looking for the lowest, you have to try both. Pros: The chance of it having the true lowest price.
How much is it to rent a Lamborghini in South Africa?
|Deposit payable on collection||R20000|
|150 km per day free, thereafter||R80 p/km|
|Max liability in the event of accident||R100000|
Does Avis accept cash?
Alamo, Avis, Budget, EZ, Fox, National and Sixt will not accept cash payments as a deposit at the beginning of a transaction at any of their locations. These companies require a credit card to be attached to the booking in case you are later charged for any incidentals incurred during your rental period.
How can you tell a rental car?
Virtually all rental cars have little barcode stickers on the windshield, the rear window, and at least one side window. There’s a reason for this: rental car companies want thieves to know exactly which cars are rentals, so the thieves can break in while you’re sleeping and steal your camera equipment.
How much is the deposit for a car rental?
2. Credit or Debit Card for Deposit. Budget will place a hold on your debit or credit card at the time of rental to cover estimated charges plus 25% or $250, whichever is greater. Be aware that a debit card hold limits the amount of funds available in the account associated with your card.
Can I rent a car with a $300 credit limit?
If your estimated cost of renting the car is $100 for two days, the rental company may block your card for $300 or more. If you only have $300 of available credit, you can’t use the card until the car is returned or you use another method to pay the bill.
How can I rent a car with cash only?
To rent a car with cash only or with a debit card you need enough money to cover the cost of the card. In addition, most car rental agency will require valid identification.
Which rental car company does not require a credit card?
You can rent a car without a credit card at most Avis locations. An Avis honored charge card must be presented at the time of rental.
How can I borrow a car for a month?
When it comes to renting a car for more than a month, your options generally fall into four categories. You can rent from a traditional rental car company. Next, you could try a ride-sharing company like Turo. Finally, you can pick up an unwanted car lease.
What is the most affordable car in South Africa?
- 5 Cheapest New Cars in South Africa 2021. By Gero Lilleike , Apr 6th, 2021. …
- Suzuki S-Presso – From R145 900. …
- BAIC D20 – From R149 990. …
- Suzuki Celerio – From R153 900. …
- Mahindra KUV100 Nxt 1.2 G80 K2+ – From R154 999. …
- Renault Kwid – From R162 900.
Who is the best car rental company?
- The best overall car rental company. Enterprise. Enterprise Rent-A-Car. …
- The best car rental company for customer satisfaction. Hertz. Hertz. …
- Best car rental company website and app. National Car Rental. National Car Rental. …
- The best cheap car rental company. Alamo Rent-A-Car. Alamo Rent-A-Car. …
- Best peer-to-peer car rental. Turo.