$0 — The cost of attendance. As with other Smithsonian museums, admission is free, but due to a high level of interest, timed-entry passes will be required.
Do you need tickets to get into the African American Museum?
Visiting Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American History and Culture (NMAAHC) without timed-entry passes, or tickets, just got easier. … The museum is free, but entry is governed by a system of timed-entry passes, or tickets.
Is the Smithsonian African American Museum free?
Free Timed-Entry Passes
Here are a few things to keep in mind: All visitors, regardless of age, must have a timed-entry pass to enter the museum. Veterans, active-duty personnel and first responders must reserve a timed-entry pass in advance of their visit. A limited number of timed-entry passes are available.
How long does it take to tour the African American Museum?
In most museums, that’s around two hours. But in the newest Smithsonian, some visitors are there for as long as six.
How do I get tickets to the Smithsonian African American Museum?
Free Timed-Entry Passes
- Smithsonian visitors, regardless of age, must have a free timed-entry pass to enter our museums and zoo.
- Visitors can acquire timed-entry passes by reserving them online or by phone at 1.800. …
- Visitors can reserve passes up to 30 days in advance.
What are the 17 Smithsonian museums?
Museums, Galleries, and Zoo Search Results
- National Museum of African American History and Culture. …
- National Air and Space Museum Steven F. …
- Smithsonian American Art Museum. …
- National Museum of American History. …
- National Museum of the American Indian. …
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum. …
- National Zoo.
How much are tickets to the Smithsonian?
Smithsonian Institution Offices/Билеты
Which Smithsonian Museum has the Hope Diamond?
It is now housed in the National Gem and Mineral collection at the National Museum of Natural History in Washington, D.C.
Is there a black museum?
The National Museum of African American History and Culture is a place where all Americans can learn about the richness and diversity of the African American experience, what it means to their lives, and how it helped us shape this nation.
Do you need tickets for the Smithsonian?
Many of Washington, DC’s major attractions are open to the public and do not require tickets, including the Smithsonian museums, the Smithsonian National Zoo, the National Gallery of Art, and the monuments and memorials on the National Mall.
Can you bring water bottles into Smithsonian museums?
No Food and Drink: Only bottled water is permitted in the Museum. You may only consume food and other drinks in the Food Court, not in the Museum. Groups who bring food are encouraged to picnic on the National Mall.
How do timed entry passes work?
How timed entry can help. Capacity: Entry windows can be spaced at safe intervals and each pass has a specific entry code that will only work once, during the assigned entry time. This prevents people from entering the space all at once.
How do you tour the African American Museum?
Top 10 Things To Know About Visiting the Museum
- You must have a Timed Pass to enter the Museum. …
- Same-day, timed passes are available online only, beginning at 6:30 a.m. daily. …
- Please do not arrive prior to the time on your pass, it will not speed up your entry. …
- Wear comfortable shoes during your visit.
- Use public transportation instead of driving.
What DC museums are open?
Open, timed entry passes required:
- National Museum of African American History and Culture.
- National Air and Space Museum’s Udvar-Hazy Center.
- Smithsonian American Art Museum.
- National Museum of American History.
- National Museum of the American Indian.
- National Zoo.
- National Portrait Gallery.
- Renwick Gallery.
Is the black Smithsonian open?
The museum is currently open Wednesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. – 4 p.m. The easiest way to get there is via Metrorail or the DC Circulator. The closest Metro stop is Federal Triangle on the Blue, Orange and Silver lines.