South Africa had 1.63 orthopaedic surgeons per 100,000 population.
Who is the best orthopedic surgeon in South Africa?
- Dr. Rian Steyn. Orthopedic Surgeon. …
- Dr. Dr Beyers Oosthuizen. Orthopedic Surgeon. …
- Dr. Steve Roche. Orthopedic Surgeon. …
- Dr. Ntambue Jimmy Kauta. Orthopedic Surgeon. …
- Dr. Chris Snyckers. Orthopedic Surgeon. …
- Dr. Pieter Aucamp. Orthopedic Surgeon. …
- Dr. Koos Louw. Orthopedic Surgeon. …
- Dr. Muhamed Mohideen. Orthopedic Surgeon. 6 reviews.
How many surgeons are in South Africa?
Results: There were significant disparities in the number and distribution of general surgeons in South Africa. There were 1.78 specialist general surgeons per 100 000, of which 0.69 per 100 000 specialist general surgeons were working in the public sector. There were 2.90 non-specialist general surgeons per 100 000.
How much do orthopedic surgeons earn in South Africa?
How much money does a Surgeon – Orthopedic make in South Africa? A person working as a Surgeon – Orthopedic in South Africa typically earns around 148,000 ZAR per month. Salaries range from 77,200 ZAR (lowest) to 227,000 ZAR (highest). This is the average monthly salary including housing, transport, and other benefits.
How long does it take to become an orthopedic surgeon in South Africa?
– Practical work at a hospital: 1 year (also known as the house doctor year). Post-graduate study for specialisation as an orthopaedic surgeon: 4 years – e.g UP, UFS, US, UL, Wits. – be registered as a medical doctor with the Interim Medical and Dental Council (IMDC) of South Africa for 1 year.
Who is the best knee surgeon in South Africa?
Dr Richard von Bormann is a specialist arthroscopic and reconstructive knee surgeon, who is trained and experienced in all aspects of knee surgery. He is a founder member of the Cape Town Sports and Orthopaedic Clinic. He graduated from University of Cape Town Medical School in 1996.
Who is the best orthopedic surgeon in Cape Town?
Orthopaedic Surgery in Cape Town
- Dr Richard Marks Dr Richard Marks. …
- Dr Andre Demblon Dr Andre Demblon. …
- Dr Jason Lance Crane Dr Jason Lance Crane. …
- Dr Duncan Mcquire Dr Duncan Mcquire. …
- Dr Aj Lambrechts Dr Aj Lambrechts. …
- Dr Roy Douglas Endenburg Dr Roy Douglas Endenburg. …
- Dr L Stewart Dr L Stewart.
How much money does a surgeon make in South Africa?
The average pay for a General Surgeon is ZAR 2,406,202 a year and ZAR 1,157 an hour in South Africa. The average salary range for a General Surgeon is between ZAR 1,580,127 and ZAR 3,350,363. On average, a Doctorate Degree is the highest level of education for a General Surgeon.
What is a doctor salary in South Africa?
The average medical doctor salary in South Africa is R 660 000 per year or R 338 per hour. Entry level positions start at R 403 500 per year while most experienced workers make up to R 8 460 000 per year.
Do medical students get paid in South Africa?
During the student’s internship and community service training, the National Department of Health of South Africa will employ the student, and the student will receive a salary.
What are the top 5 careers?
- Physician Assistant. #1 in 100 Best Jobs. …
- Software Developer. #2 in 100 Best Jobs. …
- Nurse Practitioner. #3 in 100 Best Jobs. …
- Medical and Health Services Manager. #4 in 100 Best Jobs. …
- Physician. #5 in 100 Best Jobs. …
- Statistician. #6 in 100 Best Jobs. …
- Speech-Language Pathologist. #7 in 100 Best Jobs. …
- Data Scientist.
Which job pays highest salary?
List of Top 10 Highest Paying Jobs in India
- Medical Professionals (Doctors & Surgeons)
- Data Scientist.
- Machine Learning Experts.
- Blockchain Developer.
- Full Stack Software Developer.
- Product Management.
- Management Consultant.
- Investment Banker.
How much do heart surgeons earn in South Africa?
The average cardiothoracic surgeon gross salary in South Africa is R2,723,310 or an equivalent hourly rate of R1,309. In addition, they earn an average bonus of R654,956. Salary estimates based on salary survey data collected directly from employers and anonymous employees in South Africa.
What is the best college for orthopedic surgeons?
Top Orthopedic Schools
|Johns Hopkins University||Baltimore, MD||MD|
|University of Pennsylvania||Philadelphia, PA||MD|
|University of Washington||Seattle, WA||MD, PA|
|University of California – Los Angeles||Los Angeles, CA||MD|
How many years does it take to be an orthopedic surgeon?
An orthopedic surgeon must complete approximately fourteen years of formal education. They must earn a bachelor’s degree in a science field, then complete medical school. Once they complete their degrees, they must acquire an orthopedic residency that lasts five years.
Is orthopedic surgeon a good job?
Orthopedic surgery is the best-paying medical specialty in the U.S., according to a physician compensation report published in 2019 by Medscape, a health news and information website for health care providers. That report revealed that the average annual salary among orthopedic surgeons was $482,000.