You might not envy Meghan Markle, the American actress who found love in Kensington palace after you read some of the dos and don’ts she must adhere to if she is to wed Prince Harry.
According to online reports, the list of rules were written by the Queen of England herself and consequence for defaulting on any of the stipulated rules are as serious as a cancelled wedding.
- Don’t speak unless spoken to
- Always allow Prince Harry respond first
- Meghan must always walk behind Prince Harry because “no one likes a henpecked prince”
- Meghan must never be seen using her cell phone as it is “vulgar”
- Meghan is not allowed to be mad at Prince Harry or any other person for that matter in public
- Any conversation Meghan has outside the castle must not last longer than two minutes
- Meghan must never dress flashy
- Meghan must never discuss beauty, fitness, and diet in public
- She must never complain if she is feeling sick.
- Meghan is to gaze adoringly at Prince Harry always as her “job is to make him look good”.
A source told Star magazine that the soon-to-be princess finds some of the rules laughable.
“Meghan understands she must have a different public persona now, [but] she was shocked at some of the restrictions.”
“They just seem too antiquated and ridiculous.”
“She’s told friends she finds the rules hilarious — but no one in the royal family is laughing,”
Would you abide by all these rules for a chance to become a real life princess?