Going on a first date could be completely nerve racking thinking of what to wear and the right things to say just so you can make a good impression. It really doesn’t have to be that hectic though. Dates should be fun and exciting and with these few tips you may just find yourself having the time of your life as you get to know your potential Mr. Right.
- Offer to Pay: If he is worth a second date then he will definitely not let you handle the bill but it just feels good to know that you have his back and are willing to chip in if the need arises.
- Be Courteous: “Please” and “Thank You” could go a long way in making your date feel more comfortable and at ease with being around you. Make eye contact and don’t forget to either turn off your phone or silence it so you are not tempted to look at it every chance you get. When out with someone especially for the first time they want to feel like they have your full attention and checking your phone all the time may make them very uncomfortable.
- Go with the flow: You may not necessarily like your meal or appreciate the service at the restaurant but keep the whining for your girlfriends and out of earshot of your date. Complaining about your food or just plain complaining at all could easily get anyone frustrated especially if he chose the venue for your romantic evening.
- Choose the spot: To avoid unnecessary issues like biting your tongue so as not to complain if the food isn’t great or pretending to have a great time choose the location for your date. You do have to put into consideration the sort of activities that gets his blood pumping so you both can have a swell time.
- Don’t call: If after your first date you don’t get a call back then it’s safe to say that your date probably didn’t enjoy himself as much as you did. If he had your number before the date then he has it after and if he hasn’t called then he isn’t the one for you. Calling him just may seem a tad desperate and you don’t want to appear that way even though he is probably a douche bag for not calling and he unknowingly helped you dodge a bullet.