The Republican National Committee website, GOP suffered a temporary crash after America’s President, Donald Trump tweeted a link to his Fake News Awards which was posted on GOP’s website.
The traffic to view the news outlets which the president considers peddlers of fake news was so high, that error messages kept turning up when the link was followed.
“The site is temporarily offline, we are working to bring it back up. Please try back later” and the party said gop.com had seen “more traffic than ever before”.
GOP later tweeted that the problem had been resolved as they claimed the short interruption was caused by the heavy traffic to the site, which according to them was the highest number they had ever received.
Tonight, http://gop.com saw more traffic than ever before. Even though the servers were scaled up, the interest was even greater than anticipated. Traffic is off the charts. Come back soon.
The article which was titled “The Highly-Anticipated 2017 Fake News Awards” read that most of the media coverage of 2017 as regards President Trump was not only biased but untrue.
“2017 was a year of unrelenting bias, unfair news coverage, and even downright fake news. Studies have shown that over 90% of the media’s coverage of President Trump is negative.
Winners of the award include media giants such as CNN, New York Times, Daily Post and a host of others.
The list not only mentions the winners but expatiates on reasons why the recipients have earned the award.
See the full list below.
- The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claimed on the day of President Trump’s historic, landslide victory that the economy would never recover.
- ABC News’ Brian Ross chokes and sends markets in a downward spiral with false report.
- CNN falsely reported that candidate Donald Trump and his son Donald J. Trump, Jr. had access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks.
- TIME falsely reported that President Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office.
- Washington Post falsely reported the President’s massive sold-out rally in Pensacola, Florida was empty. Dishonest reporter showed picture of empty arena HOURS before crowd started pouring in.
- CNN falsely edited a video to make it appear President Trump defiantly overfed fish during a visit with the Japanese prime minister. Japanese prime minister actually led the way with the feeding.
- CNN falsely reported about Anthony Scaramucci’s meeting with a Russian, but retracted it due to a “significant breakdown in process.”
- Newsweek falsely reported that Polish First Lady AgataKornhauser-Duda did not shake President Trump’s hand.
- CNN falsely reported that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim that he was told he is not under investigation.
- The New York Times falsely claimed on the front page that the Trump administration had hidden a climate report.
- And last, but not least: “RUSSIA COLLUSION!” Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!